TH...Quo Vadis?

Hardy641

Dear all,

I was wondering for some time why even the foreign press started hailing Thaksin and printing his obvious lies (no slums and land for every for every farmer and thus the extinction of poverty in just 5 years) without any sour comments.

Well this seems to be the sad answer: ::

Annual report downgrades the country from free to partly free. Thai government reportedly intimidates Thai and foreign media.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/06May2003_opin27.html

BTW it looks like screening of the Internet started too. Yesterday I was watching football on TV9 and simultaneously listening the conference of all games in the Internet. You can?t believe how surprised I was when TV9 presented the final results while the Internet live conference just was in the 85th minute!! Thus means that we receive live broadcasting via the Internet with a delay of ~10 min. :onfire:

I never realized that before. Did anybody experience the same?

Says Hardy641:

...BTW it looks like screening of the Internet started too. Yesterday I was watching football on TV9 and simultaneously listening the conference of all games in the Internet. You can?t believe how surprised I was when TV9 presented the final results while the Internet live conference just was in the 85th minute!! Thus means that we receive live broadcasting via the Internet with a delay of ~10 min. :onfire:

I never realized that before. Did anybody experience the same?

Hi,

I think there are technical reasons why listening to the radio and watching TV over the internet is delayed.

I remember finding delays of about 3 to 20 seconds when I once checked...but ten minutes does seem high.

Looks like they have no idea about the traffic that goes in internet & IP world, it is not that easy as talking, to tell the cops to monitor every IP connection., in LOS.

Even Uncle Sam / Inland Secuity wants but it is beyond there means :banghead: given the current tech., that is in the market, as it needs 1000's of people to just scan the IP traffic and this is going to increase many folds as voice & data get togather in the coming years.

cheers

vinod

Archived