Movies featuring Bangkok and other parts of Thai..

steffi

Don?t think I saw anyone mention the 30 year old James Bond flick - ?The Man with the Golden Gun?. Among other things, It includes the dumb longtail chase scene on the klongs, but I always liked the car chase, some of which looks to me like it was filmed around Grand Palace and Wat Pho. If for no other reason I always liked this one as it featured two of the best looking Bond girls ever (Maud & Britt). Also, I seem to recall from somewhere that Roger Moore made an evening visit to Patpong during the filming? wonder if he got laid?

Guess this movie kind of put Phuket and James Bond Island on the tourist map? too bad!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'the man with the golden gun'?,how i hate this film.

everytime i go to Phuket i like to take the trip to Phang Nga and James Bond Island.

i like to take a girl out for the day and try and give her a nice time,after all many of them never do anything but sleep and fuck.

but the downside is that o every trip i have done the video is played on the coach,so so boring now.

but i do like the cameo of the little boy trying to sell his souvenirs.

Does anyone enjoy watching Thai movies?

I enjoy watching them in spite of understanding little Thai language. I tend to pick action adventures and get the girlfriend to translate anything I cannot pick up from the body language of the actors. The films are often funny and include great shots of the country / city side. As in all films there is usually a pretty girl tucked away somewhere too. The films i've seen increasingly include english subtitling.

The last film I saw was the "Naga Fireball Film set in Nong Khai" This was a good laugh and taught me something about the pressures of modern life on old traditions.

A couple of others I can remember seeing include:

Suriothai (will this be released outside Thailand?)

Nae Nak

Cheers,

Hi!

Yes, Suriyothai is available on both VCD and DVD w/ English subtitles (in SE Asia).

It will be realeased in the West under the name of "The Legend of Suriyothai". A date for release that I've seen mentioned is June 20, 2003. I believe the movie is being cut and "westernized" by Francis Ford Coppola in cooperation with the original director, Prince Chatrichalerm Yukol.

IMHO, the movie needs it. It's a grand movie but a wee bit too long and zzzzzzzz..... ;)

From Google:

The Legend of Suriothai - Search Results

around the time that "The mask" with jim carrey (saw with thai dubbing..

if you know the movie kept hearing thai word "burii" i had to see the

english version to understand ..smoking or cigarette....i did sort of know)

there was a thai movie something like "blackbird of the moon" set in &

around Sukhothai..hardly a cinema classic or anything but i enjoyed it..

Archived