Movies featuring Bangkok and other parts of Thai..

steffi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Flashermac:

The girl Chris Walken picks up really was a Patpong BG. I remember her when she worked in the Safari. (Little bit of a thing, but a gtreat body. She must be retired now -- in her mid to late 40s.)

Flash, wasn't it Robert DeNiro who picks her up and refuses to sleep with her when he notices her baby?

It's years since I've seen the film so i may be wrong. :dunno:

Well I've never had to do the visa run thru Cambodia and after seeing this film I'm in no hurry too either. I'm not sure how much exaggeration there is in this movie and just exactly how realistic the depiction of Phnom Phen is but from having seen this movie I'm very surprised the Tourist Authority of Cambodia sanctioned such a film. This movie certainly doesn't show Cambodia in any good light whatsoever. There's no way the TAT would agree to a movie like this. The damage it would cause the tourist industry would be huge.

Formula is pretty standard but I cannot believe the bad guy actually believes he's engaged to be married with a woman when it's obviously a Katoey and I cannot believe all Cambodians are as ugly as those shown in this movie.

Nope, it's Chris Walken. It's when he sort of freaks out after he and DeNiro escape from the tiger cages. The gal was Noi. (Used to know her real name, but forgot it.) The film makers couldn't find a Thai actress willing to play a whore and say words like f*ck. So somebody suggested a real BG, and Noi was perfect for the part. Last I ever heard of her, she was married to a Farang and running a bar in the Diamond Arcade in Pattaya. But that was years ago. No idea if she's still there. She was quite bright, not the usual BG thickie.

Don't know if the film is any good. Former leading man Suraphong Chatri plays the Army commander, who is not too thrilled about having to risk his men's lifes to rescue khatoeys. Ad Carbabao has a small part. I've got the video, but haven't watched it yet -- since my Mrs can't stand khatoeys and won't watch films about them. It got decent reviews in the Thai papers though.

Archived