Ko Larn, Pattaya Bay

Stickman

I think I paid 20 baht each way from the pier and it took a 1/2 hour or so. They leave 2/3 times a day, one around nine, one around midday. Problem is you arrive there and are obliged to take a rip off 50 baht motorcycle taxi to the better beaches. There is no beach where you arrive and only a small village, a couple of restaurants and shops. I think it is a reasonably interesting trip - the problem is getting around on the island. A hike over the hill to the beach is exhausting in hot weather - popular with Chinese group tours - Chinese groups are never less than 1500! :hubba:

Yep, all the ferries, dive boats and tour boats still use the old pier, the one across from the McDonalds and Soi Pattayland 3.

Perhaps when it falls into the bay, which won?t be long by the looks of it, they will be forced to use the new one?

Says Stickman:

What is the easiest cheap way to get over to Ko Larn from Pattaya? I presume there is some sort of scheduled ferry service. What is the cost and how long does it take? I've never been over there but would like to check it out. For that matter, is it worthwhile?

Stick

Check out this thread for further info:

http://board.nanaplaza.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=162564&page=6&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Hi!

Most likely tourists will step on rotten planks and fall into the water before the whole pier collapses. If enough tourists fall to their death the authorities might consider opening the new pier. As the new pier is made of concrete it should last several years with the aid of soilid Thai mantainance. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

Archived