Nongkhai

Fatboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the nightlife/lady bit, I would have to agree with pattaya.

There are a couple of karaokes in town and a disco (well there was last time I was there), what you need to do is head for the danish bakers (easy to find on tuktuk) speak to the falangs in there, and they should be better prepared for more info on the area, they serve good food too.

On the hotel, it is lovely (only swimming pool in town too), but used to be expensive. If you want a bit cheaper stay at the Phantavee hotel on Meechai Road, good rooms for cheap prices...good luck

I never saw anything to report when I was there 4 weeks ago and I don't miss much where this is concerned BUT I did get "the look"from a girl in a bar near the river front market but could not get back down to investigate further.

hey, hey, I typed Nong Khai nightlife in my aol window and this popped up:

----------------------------------------------------

Isan Orchid Guest Lodge

87/9 Gaowarawud Rd, Thabo, Nong Khai, 43100

Phone: (042) 43 - 1665

email: isnorchd@loxinfo.co.th

you will receive a warm welcome here if you decide to head up to Nong Khai for a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok! Explore rural Thailand - take a relaxing trip along the river, visit some of the historical sites, lots of interesting things to see and do around the area (but don't expect much in the way of nightlife!).

--------------------------------------------------------

Alea jacta es!

Now that i think about it, I remember being there in the late 80s and met this thai guy, whom I hung around with, one evening. I asked him about what places he knew, and he took me to a very dark muddy alley, where stood a rusty (here he comes again!) corrugated big shack. the girls started to come outside, not very pretty, definitely a low thai brothel. I was not interested, but I could see the girls and mamassan were weary of me. I asked him later why they were keeping their distances, and he told me they thought i worked for the CIA ::. You heard a lot of that back then, off the beaten track, near the Lao border.

PS:Well, you could look for it, they may have replaced the old roof :p, who knows? it was 200b a pop. On the spot.

But no, thank you, i bought some "foremost" ice cream intead for evening fun. :).

I stayed at the Nongkhai Grand Hotel for two nights with my girlfriend back in February. The room was nice and cost 1300 baht a night.

Immediately across the main road from the hotel was a karaoke/sing a song place which seemed quite busy. We got to the door and looked in. There were no farangs in there but quite a few girls who looked as if they were dressed for action, as well as a some drunk Thai guys.

Needless to say my girlfriend pulled me away from there pretty quickly !!!

Archived