Nongkhai

Fatboy

<<<Isan Orchid Guest Lodge

87/9 Gaowarawud Rd, Thabo, Nong Khai, 43100

Phone: (042) 43 - 1665>>>

Sorry to say it, but this place is approx 1km from my wifes old home, it was set up as a r&r spot for gays who wanted to get away from it all.

Click here for further info - number 11 on the list of gay places to stay in thailand - if you dare... :down:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says pattaya127:

Now that i think about it, I remember being there in the late 80s and met this thai guy, whom I hung around with, one evening. I asked him about what places he knew, and he took me to a very dark muddy alley, where stood a rusty (here he comes again!) corrugated big shack. the girls started to come outside, not very pretty, definitely a low thai brothel. I was not interested, but I could see the girls and mamassan were weary of me. I asked him later why they were keeping their distances, and he told me they thought i worked for the CIA ::. You heard a lot of that back then, off the beaten track, near the Lao border.

PS:Well, you could look for it, they may have replaced the old roof
:p
, who knows? it was 200b a pop. On the spot.

But no, thank you, i bought some "foremost" ice cream intead for evening fun.
:)

If I am thinking of the same place in Thabo, then that was closed down a couple of years ago, so I am led to believe. Not sure if it was the CIA that closed it down though..

The Nong Khai Grand is #1 in my book. Some of the rooms smell a little, but even at that, it is the nicest place in town. Depending on the season, I can get rooms for 800-900 baht.

My wife tells me that the karyoke place across the street is mainly for getting women. Of couse she won't let me go over and take a look.

The Pantavee guest house has advertisements plastered all over the walls of the rooms for 24 hr massage, with pictures of the girls. Wonder what that's all about. Again, my wife wouldn't let me satisfy my curioustiy. Also, I had a miserable time at Pantavee for a multitude of reasons. I would not recommend it to anyone unless he was looking for the cheapest air conditioned room in town (350 baht for a room with single bed and 550 baht for a room with two beds for the sisters and cousin). We stayed there one night in April.

Nong Khai is a nice town, but not the kind of place you blow into on the week-end for a swell time, then blow out again.

RickF

A year ago during a visa run I stayed one night in NK. In the evening I hailed a tuk-tuk and told the driver I wanted some sanook with pretty girls :p He took me to a Thai cafe in the outskirts - maybe a 10 min drive from Panthawee Hotel; no idea about address or precise location.

Anyway, it was a very typical local cafe with maybe 5-6 girls taking turns singing on a small stage. I was the only farang of course and nobody took much notice about me, including the girls. Later, after consuming a couple of large Beer Chang, I suddenly noticed one pretty girl among the singers (funny I didn't notice her before :drunk:)

She eventually joined me at the table, and with my limited Thai I could find out that 1) she liked me too much, 2) yes, she would like to go with me, but 3) I have to wait until closing time (1 am??)

Unfortunately, I decided I didn't want to hang around until closing time, and left with the same tuk-tuk driver who drove me there. (he had patiently been waiting 2 hours for me).

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag out a dead topic but has anyone actually ever had P4P in NK? Theres a lot of maybe in this thread but has anyone really pulled? Bar or incall or massage f/s extras or fuckshop- anything! I've probably lost my chance at a day trip to Pattaya but gotta do the Laos visa thing soon and want to play while I am up there and Vientiane sounds pretty beat in the daytime.

Without a lead I'm tempted to just hire a tuk-tuk driver as my procurer and promise him more than he'd get back from the cops so he doesn't try to set me up. As a starter is there any hotel thats confirmed as guest-freindly or has a dayrate?

and promise him more than he'd get back from the cops so he doesn't try to set me up.

------------------------------

why would he? You don't intend to do drugs. Do not be paranoid about having fun in LOS when some thai is involved. save some of your money, or get him a girl too.

Archived