Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

Thats the one - but 2100B is a bit steep. I think I sense a business opportunity for my little girly. She has dropped friends at the airport before and they give her a thousand baht + tolls. Nice newish Ford Laser with a careful driver, all she needs is to change the crappy CD's in her car (that I paid for!!).

I would have thought about 1400B + tolls for a smartish new car is quite fair - If there is any interest on the board I will put it too her and consider upgrading the car to one of the new Honda Accords or Toyota Camry's (OK I like the Accord a lot and wouldn't mind 'justifying' a reason to get one!!!

Cheers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats this do I sense an exclusive nanaplaza taxi business germinating here................

I have also used the Ekami bus and the trouble with that is all the bull shit at the far end arguing with the songtaew drivers who want more money to bring u to the beach from the main road than the whole journey from BKk. Plus u have to lug all your luggage to Ekkami.

I would be happy to pay 800/1000 for an airport door to my hotel door in Pattaya.

By the way there is now a new service running from Soi 11 ( in the little food space opposite the Ambassador entrance) to Pattaya for 1000 one way.

Uniformguy

From Bkk city: Taxi to Ekkamai 100 baht(?) Ekkamai bus 90 baht, Songthaew 40 baht(with luggage. 20 baht otherwise).

Can someone really be that lame that they cannot handle such simple affairs? 2.5hrs

From the airport: If I was on a budget and there were no Thai minibuses available. I would take the airport bus no 3 to Ekkamai(100 baht) Ekkamai bus (90 baht) and songthaew(40 baht, 20 baht, if no luggage) around 3 hours.

Says uniformguy:

By the way there is now a new service running from Soi 11 ( in the little food space opposite the Ambassador entrance) to Pattaya for 1000 one way.

Uniformguy

:rolleyes: This is the height of laziness. 1000 baht for a 200 baht journey.

Says valentinoxxx:

Says uniformguy:

Uniformguy

:rolleyes:
This is the height of laziness. 1000 baht for a 200 baht journey.

Laziness? Not in all cases. One small step up in the ride quality, save some time, and for a mere 800 baht increase? No contest in my eyes!

Thosde that want to go cheap, go cheap. Those that want a little better, do so. Those taht want to first class can do that for considerably more. Up to you. What really confuses me is why anyone elase would care. It doesn't raise the price of your bus trip so don't go on about it infalting prices.

I don't take the bus at home and I don't when I travel. 800 baht? Nothing.

I always spend at least a night in Bangers en-route.

The Nana offers a 'big bus' to Pattaya, pick up from hotel in a minibus, transfer to Ekamai coach, these are pretty good A/C recline seat coaches. Then at the Pattaya end there is a transfer to a mini-bus again to drop you at your hotel. It is 200 baht if I recall. The mini-bus haul thru Bangkok is a bit of a crush. I am always amazed how they squeeze in 3 more with suitcases! I don't know why I do this, I always use taxis the other way - I am a miser I guess, I sit at the bar in Pattaya first night thinking my barfine and a few drinks are free! :grinyes:

::

I didn't say anything about inflating prices. I just said it was the height of laziness.

You can be assured that I, can afford to travel 'VIP'. I just think that to go from Sukhumvit to Pattaya by Taxi for 1000 baht, is the height of laziness. Though, of course you are contributing to the local economy.

Ok, if I'm really tired I'd consider it. You don't get any more legroom in a taxi, than you do on the bus.

At the end of the day, we are all entitled to our opinions. :p

No you didn't say anything about inflating prices. Didn't mean to imply that. More refering to the way this discussion tends to go.

More leg room for me but I don't usually go in std taxi. I usually travel alone so can sit across the entire back seat. Maybe the busses are empty enough where that can be done also. :dunno:

Actually I wasn't having a go at you. I had no idea you were using the 1000 baht service.

You must realise I don't actually care. It's just banter.

Archived