Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says valentinoxxx:

Actually I wasn't having a go at you. I had no idea you were using the 1000 baht service.

You must realise I don't actually care. It's just banter.

Oh yes, just banter for sure. No problems.

Actually I do not use the services mentioned. I have a driver I use in BKK. A little more than 1000 to Pattaya. But a great car, VERY safe driver. Door to door service. Lets me use his phone too.

You cannot get a songthaew from the main road in to the beach area for 40 baht, at least I can never do it. They always want 100 baht and I hate paying far more than the bus trip from BKK at 90 baht. This way is so much extra hassle......always wind up with a blazing row with the songthaew driver in front of my hotel they are total bast****

I started this discussion to see if I could establish the best way to get from BKK to Pattaya so now we have options for the longest, quickest, shortest, and cheapest ways to do it.

As I am looking for the cheapest method, it looks like I will have to come into the city to get that as the cheapest from the airport seems to be 1000 or so.

Any more contributions wecome...

Uniformguy

Depending on your arrival time at BKK there is a Thai Airways mini bus to Pattaya. It makes one pit stop on the way. They drop you off at the Thai office in Pattaya, but there are baht buses and moto available. Yes, moto took me (200 pounds) plus 2 bags straight to my hotel. But stick with the baht bus if you have too many bags with your uniforms and toys.

The other choice is to take the bus to Ekamai (100 B) and then the bus to Pattaya (90B). The airport bus loads up next to the taxi stand, there is a table to buy your ticket and they will make sure you get on the right bus and get off at the right stop. Your ticket has the bus number in English, so you can check for yourself. Ekamai is just the last stop, you can get off at many places on the way.

Be sure to pick up some good Thai food and drinks at the Ekamai station before departing.

Oi! PattayaMan, Have you been reading this thread? All that info has already been posted, with links, times etc. I know sometimes it's a little boring trawling through a thread before posting, but... :banghead::rolleyes:;)

Seriously though, I prefer taking the bus, rather than a taxi. Maybe you'll meet someone interesting along the way.

The Government bus does not terminate on the main road, but on North Pattaya Road Air Con bus station. From there are songthaews waiting. Next to them, is a clearly marked sign, saying what the prices are. I think the maximum is 20 baht. If I'm arriving with lots of luggage, I may agree to 40 baht maximum.

If with small bag, I pay the price on the board.

Obviously, if your hotel is off the beaten track, then you are paying for the detour. I just jump off at the nearest point to my place that is on the normal route. 20 baht is the price.

Sometimes it is not good to talk to much to the drivers. If you agree to 100 baht, they know you do not know the price.

Here's what I've done in the past, after spending a night or two in BKK. I take the FREE Dynasty Inn shuttle to the Dynasty Resort Pattaya. The ride is free if you stay 2 or more days at the Dynasty Resort. This is an excellent hotel, very clean &new rooms, great pool, and includes breakfast for 990/night.

Stay 2 nights while you locate your hotel of choice. This will let you walk around a lot and check out rooms/rates. And you always get the best rates when you are a walkin. This works best in the low season(Like Now!!)

The only downside is that the Dynasty Resort is "on the hill" and you need to take their shuttle (4 times daily) or a taxi to and from town.

4 days to go....

Zeus

Says BKK22:

Do you know if the Ekamai bus is air-conditioned with a lavatory on board? Thanks.

Regards

BKK22 -
;)

Yeah, it's air-conditioned (erm, as long as you make sure you buy a ticket for the "air-con" bus :doah: ? first ticket window on the right through the main depot door, sign in English).

There's a bog on board too but when I went to Pattaya and back in April, nobody used it on either run. Might've been out of order? It's not a long journey anyway, so just make sure you go to the public crappers at the Ekkamai/Pattaya depots before you get on the bus.

On the way to Pattaya, I was seated next to a chubby but cheerful bargirl who spent the whole journey telling me how "hansum" I was ;) and offering me cookies :). Coming back from Pattaya, I got a perch next to a stunning young Thai student bird who was wearing little else but a white tee-shirt that had got soaked, due to songkran, and was thus handily rendered just about see-through. :p

90 baht well spent either way. ::

jack :drunk:

Archived