Best way to get from airport to Pattaya.

Went down to Pattaya May 22 and for the first time discovered there are two types of bus service from Ekkamai. The "blue" bus is 90 Baht and the "orange" is 73 Baht. When I got out of the taxi at the bus station a "greeter" immediately said, "Pattaya??" and led me over to the row of ticket windows that face Sukhumvit. One was labeled "Pattaya" and the price was 73 Baht. I knew this was not the normal price so I looked around and then spotted the 90 Baht window.

It may be that the "orange" bus was the next to depart but I've also been told that the "greeter" gets a 10 Baht "commission" for each 73 Baht ticket sold. Given his enthusiasm to direct me that may well be correct.

There was no toilet on the blue bus going down to Pattaya but there was one on the return.

Also, if you buy your ticket just before departure time and the bus is full you'll get a seat in the last row. Not good in my experience.

-redwood

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Arrived early am in Don Muang and took A3 bus to Ekammai.

Dropped off across the road and had to haul big case up and down the steps to cross over. To my horror I discovered bus station is openair so no A/C.

As I waited for my TG the heat was horrendous. In the end I fled to GP and called her from the lobby and met her there. I could not face Ekkamai again so took a Taxi to Pattaya.

If time suits I would imagine bus directly from the Airport would be a better and cooler option. :o

• 11 months later...

The Ekamai>Pattaya service is great value for 90 baht, but avoid it like the plague if you are likely to hit rush hour traffic from the airport into the city centre. Also avoid Friday nights and public holidays. I faced a delay of 3 hours at Ekamai on May 1st as they tried to clear the back log. Serves me right for being a cheap Charlie.

During those times arrange a pickup from people like Mr T the Pattaya taximan (Office 038 720318 Mobile 01 2587716 Fax 66 38 720318) . Will meet you at the airport with a nameboard for 850 baht ride to Pattaya.

Or, go up to departure hall (save 50 baht reg fee), and take an incoming taxi to Mochit bus station. You miss some of the city congestion and the taxi queue at arrivals.

:beer:

Archived