Travel Insurance (Annual Worldwide)

Says valentinoxxx:

For example you may find a cheaper annual policy, but what is the excess? If it's GBP250, then it is completely useless to most people. How long is the trip duration? Most are limited to 31 days with a maximum permitted period of travel each year. Is it Worldwide or just European?

So, please check this before posting links etc

I don't think you can discount a travel insurance in a thread like this just because it is limited to 30 days per trip. This suits my travel plans fine.

I use http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/ and their Standard Worldwide Multi Trip policy only costs UKP45. If you renew at the end of the year, then the price drops to UKP43.

I personally don't see any difference between a policy which provides UKP10,000,000 cover instead of UKP5,000,000 for Medical Expenses & Emergency Repatriation. Its bullshit, the expenses will never be allowed to get that much.

Comparing the above with Liverpool Victoria, I noticed with LV baggage and cash loss is an optional extra where as Direct Travel it is included.

I didn't discount it. I set a standard for price and quality.

The policy you mention is limited to 30 days per trip, which as you say, is good enough for you and has an excess of GBP50. Priced at GBP 45. For only GBP 9 more some may see the 60 day GBP35 excess policy as better value.

Nevertheless, if that fit your needs and it will fit with others, I am glad you have added it to the list.

As to the Liverpool Victoria policy, optional means you can 'opt out' if your home policy, for instance, already covers you for baggage etc.

The price I posted includes the options.

I specifically posted the policies with longer cover periods and the best combination of quality of cover and value, to fit the 'special' needs of the travellers on these forums. ::

I think the policy you've posted offers good value, though personally, I would also take the 'excess waiver' option. This would push the price up to GBP55, but could easily pay for itself.

Good policy for those who are sure their trips won't exceed 30 days.

I also, on the surface of it, do not think it is that important whether you have GBP10000000 or GBP5000000 medical cover. So I do not use that as important criteria in appraising policies.

Thanks for your contribution. Hopefully we can stop people ending up like some of the characters in 'Brits in Bangkok'.

Thw one we use the most for Worldwide cover is.

I will not mention the company on the board (can Pm if need)

Cost AUD 450 Single or 525 For Family cover.

Inclusions.

Will just list a few important ones.

Overseas Medical Expense Unlimited

Cancellation charges Unlimited

Luggage,personal effects & Travel Docs Unlimited

Money $1000

Personal Liability 2.5 MIll

Covers any number of international Journeys

Also covers up to 6 weeks of hoilday travel

Cover is limited to max of 3 months per trip

Archived