Pattaya Timeshare scam?

chilli13

Guys I was called up this morning & informed I had won a free vacation somewhere & if it'd be allright if someone came to pick me up in an hour so I could collect my price?

Well I suppose I'd filled out one of those street surveys to a cute TG like so many times before & given a voucher for a price draw in exchange the previous day, but obviously forgotten all about it as that was severel girls back in time already. Anyways the current girl on my side wasn't up for anymore boom boom unfortunately so I suppose I could spare a few minutes for a free holiday :dunno:

Now I've heard or even almost gotten involved in pyramid games etc. before & what their selling tactics are like, but it took me severel hours to suspect that was exactly what they're trying to get me into.

Still I'm not sure what they we're upto as I've checked up on their main selling point the interval international travel club & that is definately for real, but one still needs a timeshare to become a member.

What I did not like about their 'scam' was that they supposedly where selling an investment in a pattaya resort to be completed end of this year, but I was not being shown it & they would only sell it right there & then as low as 2000$ for 3 year 'trial' or 5000$ 50year 1 week timeshare trust managed by hutchinson???

So I was wondering if anybody else had heard, tried or even bought this stuff, because the benefits sounds really cool :clown:

Hi!

These time share scams have been around for quite some time now. I once heard from an Englishman that they are orchestrated by conn men that have been kicked out of Spain for running the same kind of racket there. I don't know if this is true though.

A friend once went to one of their sales promotion meetings. He said that ther was lot's free food but no booze. Apparently they were not alowed to serve alcohol so he left quickly. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I have filled out the forms a couple of times but never give them my real name or location. Also I doubt if the young ladies on the street know what it really is about. They seem to believe that they really are doing survey on tourism.

thanks for your thoughs.

no booze this time just coffe, coke & cigs!

secratary was cute though & they said the survey girls get 1000bt a piece whereas I think she said she got 20???

anyways would like to buy a genuine timeshare in pty/bkk the likes anyone knows hpw best to get them & thus get acess to the interval international travel network? supposedly great deals on flight & 4/5 star resorts worldwide at some 100$/week :up:

IB13,

They are orchestrated by absolute scum (untermechen), they prey on vulnerable weak people, bully them in to signing there and then.

They favour countries with no legal "cooling off" period...

Even the employees int thoses schemes dont make much, just a few shadowy people at the very top.

Even legitimate Timehare is for "MUGS", please don't buy one IB, think about it, what on earth is the point, you have a place that is getting older, you have maintenance which the companies sometimes hike up after you have bought!

TIMESHARE ANYWHERE IS FOR UNWORLDLY GULLIBLE PEOPLE, which you are not!!

STH

thanks for thinking of me as worldly, but the key point for this travel club was that you get access to global resorts incl. marriott/radisson the works, so no matter if you're off to hawaii, rio, cebu, bali or pattaya you don't pay rent just maintenence & when you goto your 'own' leased timeshare it's free for the number of days/year invested :cover:

check out 'interval international' on google & right at the top is the travel club I wanna be a member of!

I am familiar with how they work, I briefly worked for a timeshare company during my student days.. there are various schemes IB, RCI etc etc.

Ie you can stay at a resort of similar standing etc. Often there is aconsiderable admin fee for chosing a resort other than your own, and sometimes with the crooked operators of which over 50% are they are NOT even properly affiliated with RCI or whatever wank scheme they are purporting to be part of.

PLEASE STAY AWAY... they dont work out any cheaper, and your choice is restricted... thats the best outcome... the worst especially in a place like Thailand is that you lose $5000 or more....

STH :cover:

Hi!

I think you should reconsider. Even if you can find a timeshare that isn't a scam it's still in most cases a poor deal. Think about it. You are restricted to 1 or 2 specific weeks every year. As I do know a little about your work I doubt if you can say for sure that you are going to Thailand on one specific week for the upcomming 10-20 years.

15 years ago time share apartments were popular in the Swedish skiing resorts. They were perfectly legit and no scams were involved but people still lost lots of money on them. They will tell you that if you can't use a week they will rent it out for you and you make money. This is complete and utter BS.

Also consider SOTH's comment about the people behind the racket being crooks. I have heard this from several other sources and I don't even have a problem with the blokes at Dog's Bollocks. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

ok I give in - I'll buy your identity instead - cheaper at least - not sure what's in it for me though :hubba:

anyways the funny thing is to they even try scam you for your free price which you need to send in 1000bt to a postal adress in jomtien to claim LOL. can't believe I still though I wanted that one, but that they did not hit me up for it...

ok next time I shag 5 girls in 24h I won't go claim any free prices even a fluent english speaking cute TG sweettalking you :cussing:

Yeah ....even the prize is a scam. Some voucher for free time at one of their places....but I believe I had to give them some money to get that (administration fee).

This is a lousy, expensive and restrictive way to own property, all of 1/52nd of it! I sometimes go to these things just to take the piss out of these con men (and women). Remember they sell you 1 week share of an apartment. I always get a laugh out of multiplying all the charges by 52. So if they say the timeshare is $5000, I say WOW, you are selling them for $260,000. The 'maintenance' charge is $200/ year, wow....$10,000 / year on maintenance.

One of the first questions I was asked was whether I had a credit card, I was instantly on the defensive. I hope somebody who has purchased on of these 'timeshares' can post and educate us.