Pattaya Timeshare scam?

chilli13

Cheers. Here - don't forget to start thinking about Christmas. It's nearly upon us (!).

BTW - good to see you in Gullivers the other week. Surprise, surprise eh? Now I've worked it our that you must have been just off the plane when I saw you. For a moment I guess you thought you'd arrived back in London by accident. Seems that Gullivers is the best place for meeting people these days.

------------------------------------------------------------

"My penis still works and I have money for the beer" (Priceless line from MaoMark copyright Fiery Jack)

Ok Guys,

A year ago I spent the time and educated myself on the timeshare industry. I'm no expert. But from what I'v seen in Thailand the hotels offer to good of deal and with breakfast.

Also the rating on Thai timeshare is not that good. I did looked into the Mariott in Phuket because I figured the maintance fee would be low, and it is lower than most Mariott's. But also they are not sold out yet. So there fees may go up equal to other Mariotts, which is high in my book.

I have gone to many timeshare presentations. Usually only

if its a gift I want. There are ways to use the timeshare system and do it affordably. I have bought 2 in the last year, my buy cost is less that $500/us each. I never plan to go to my resorts, just trade them. My per week cost including trade fee are around $275.. I only trade for Gold Crown, 2 bedroom units. In May 2003 I stayed in the Westin in Mexico and have a ski week in Whistler this year. There is no way I could stay in these places for $275/week, more like $275/night. If something happens and I walk away from them, they have paid for themselves.

Here is my sugestion if you want to buy a timeshare.

1. DO NOT buy from the developer !!! PERIOD !!!

Buy Resale !!! most units can be picked up pennys on

dollar.

2. Buy a top trader, with low maintance fees.

3. Read everything on www.tug2.net

The Timeshare Users Group - do your research !!

4. Read the Resort Reviews on TUG..

5. You may want to buy within driving distance of your

home to avoid costly airfares. But always buy RESALE !!!

6. Do not buy in over developed areas like Florida. Cheap

units trade into them very easliy.

If you know the in's n out's of timeshares you can save

thousands on your vacation expense.

Drop me a note if you would like more info.

that's exactly what sounded good about it: trading it for holidays around the world in expensive places unlike LOS.

I'll look into your supplied link.

thanks!

p.s. noticed the guys doing surveys on suk rd in front of ambassador, but did not partake this time as it was a male!

I went to their free lunch and toured their facilities couple years ago.

I think I really pissed them off when he kept pressuring me to buy and finally asked me how much would I be willing to pay? and I answered that I didn't want to buy it at any price.

My sister owns a timeshare from this same company in Florida and it's a lot of trouble for her sometimes trying to sell the weeks she can't use.

GW

they have also a large operation in Patong/Phuket; the same scheme; you fill out a survey and get a call that you have won and somebody will pick you up whenever you like to receive the price.

they operate in the Holiday Inn and sell timeshares for deluxe suites in Thara Patong. when i was there, they had a lot of first price winners and beside english also german and italian speaking foreigners selling to their countrymen.

they also insisted on closing the deal within my stay in Patong; but as the whole deal was not feasible, i did not sign and did not get my price!

therefore it is a SCAM! :cussing:

• 12 years later...