Missing pages in my passport, problems?

Greetings Everyone!

One of the page in my US passport is missing. Would I have any problem when I try to use it to get a 30 days tourist visa when I arrived at the BKK airport? I mean would the Thai immigration officer care that one of the page in my passport is missing? Or would he or she simply just stamp it and let me through?

Appericate any comment or suggestions...

Thanks,

Clueless

You should obtain a new passport.

"US Passport, page 4, Important Information, Alternation or Mutilation of passport. The passport must not be altered or mutilated in any way. Alternation may make it invalid, and, if willful, may subject you to prosecution (Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1543)."

Sorry I don't agree with this. I think any immigration officer would be *very* concerned about missing pages. Maybe they were the ones with info like "Deported- do not allow into the country"....

Not sure what the solution is, except maybe to get a new one.

-j-

Thanks for all the comment and suggestions. I guess I have to get a new passport.

This may sound stupid, but I was the one who took out the missing page. On my last trip to Asia, I took a short detour from Hong Kong to BKK. Right before I returned home to the US, I took out the page with the BKK stamp on it. I didn't want my wife to see the BKK Visa stamp.

I know it's stupid, but if she ask me about it, I could just flat out deny I've been to BKK.

Anyway, any suggestion on how shoud I go about getting a new passport? Should I just claim lost? I don't think it's a good idea to go get a new one and tell them because I took out a page.... right?

Anyway, thanks again!

Clueless

Josh,

I guess what I meant to say was that I doubt that the officials in BKK would notice a missing page. They are pretty much are doing their jobs on auto-pilot and I have never seen them thumbing through my passport counting the pages. Coming back to the US could be a problem, I guess the original poster better get a new passort.

Ranger

Thanks again for all the help!

I have started the process of getting a new passport. Basically, I just claimed the old one was lost. I had supplied the passport office with a copy of my old passport. Just the pages with the photo, (which I have), birth cert, and two new photos. Should get the new one in the next 10 days or so...

By the way, I also notice that the US immirgation officers never bother to flip the pages every time I return home. They normally just find a blank page and stamp it. In fact, I can think of any immirgation officer in any country ever flip through my passport pages.

However, I agree with all the posting here. If I was caught with one page missing, it could be big problem.

I wish I had two passports, one for normal use, and one for traveling to BKK. :D

Archived