Missing pages in my passport, problems?

I think getting the new one id the best bet. Agree with ranger - to some extent - that BK officials may not go through page by page, but - there again they may (they do on mine as I have work permit stamps, which they examine carefully, but that of course may be an exception). Still better safe than sorry eh?

-j-

All-- Lopburi is technically right. ANY alteration (this includes missing pages and the such) render the passport invalid... However, that being said, I also agree with Josh in that it is very highly improbable that a Thai immigration officer would make an issue of it... However, to avoid any future problems (in Thailand or otherwise), I'd get a new one...

--UPSer

" I didn't want my wife to see the BKK Visa stamp."

good idea, whatever immigration would do about it would not match the penalties at home.

'I do not beleive you really need to provide them with a reason,'

quite agree. if they ask, standard 'don't know'. washing machine, let the dog chew it up. what we all need is 2 passports, no problem if you can prove the need. lost passports are viewed with suspicion and they might well make you wait several months for a replacement.

Archived