level 42 concert in Jakarta

SingaporeSteve

Any of you guys aware that a late 80's group, Level 42 (or at least the lead singer and bass gutarist + new band) are supposed to be playing in Indonesia sometime around the 17th -21st June. Apparently kicking off in Jakarta at an indoor tennis centre and ending up in Bali on the 21st but venue unknown.

As a fan of the band, I am tempted to venture over but want to be sure that its likely to go ahead.

So, if anyone has any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Never fails to amaze me what is on offer in Indo, music wise. I was absolutely blown away by some of the things I saw and heard there. Best of all was a home grown ska band in Jogja who could skank with the best of them. I suppose the combination of poverty and youth makes for a really swinging underground.

Cheers

Jaga

didnt ska FINALLY go out of style back in the mid 90's? did you really listen to ska? was it not a shortened, more horrible version of the disco era? if i had a choice, i say bring back disco....i am so glad that i dont have to hear that ska s*&$ on the radio anymore....

Nope, it was real old style skankin stuff. I'm a big fan of Madness and the Specials and I was kitted out in docs, fred perry and levis when I heard this group. Kids at the bar thought it was pretty funny seeing an old rude boy bouncing about.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived