!..Pata Pinkklao..!

Chanchao

I now have the warm feeling like I really belong here in Bangkok after my first traffic fine. I was with 4 girls in the car going all the way across town to the other side of the Phra Pinkklao bridge. One of the girls had a pretty good understanding of Bangkok.. for a Bus driver. She kind of sent me on to one of those bus-only lanes and as a result had a small chat with a friendly police officer. After some talking agreed on 200 baht which guess is about par for traffic fines in Bangkok. Loads of people were getting fined; I guess it wasn't all the girl's fault. And I made the girl pay the fine as well. (But mostly because I didn't want to reach for my wallet as I knew I had only a 1000 baht bill in there and didn't expect the police officer to have the correct change handy. Though he probably would I suppose.. Paying fines is very convenient in Thaiand.

Anyway we did reach Ratchadamnoen Klang Avenue, the Democracy Monument and crossed the Phra Pinkklao bridge without any further obstacles. A little off that main road close to the Pata Department store is a big but kind of run down building (no more run down than NEP tho) with a whole bunch of 'entertainment places', for lack of a better term that catches them all. An interesting mix of singalong restaurants, massage places (traditional and un-traditional), snooker and the inevitable karaoke. We went into one of the singalong restaurants where a friend of one of the girls worked. Whoa!! It had the regular stage and restaurant tables of course, but also small riser stages along the middle with girls dancing on them. And REALLY dancing. Fast & furious, with heads banging and their long hair turning into a speeding blur of blonde and red. Girls came in two basic sub-types: Ugly old ones who could sing, and cute firm sexy young ones who should best be kept as far away from a microphone as possible but who dance like whirling dervishes on steroids.

I was on a small date with this group of girls before (One Soi Cowboy bar and Angels Disco), and I wondered why my love interest du-jour clung on to me like an velcro covered leach. She wouldn't let me go out by myself when I just wanted to re-check if I locked the car; (actually that was my excuse; I was looking for a private phone-opportunity; she may very well be psychic too), I went to the frigging washroom and she followed me!! She sent evil-eyed stares to any girl daring to look my way. I think you get the picture but it was the most territorial behaviour I have seen anywhere outside of Animal Planet TV. I now understand this behaviour a little bit better after having visited the singalong restaurant: The evening-gown clad raptor brigade. Ever seen a lone lioness trying to keep a freshly killed gnu corpse to herself with a whole herd of hyenas circling around and taking a yap or a bite whenever a slight opportunity arises? One came over from another table and tapped me on the shoulder from behind, I looked up and kissed me full on the mouth. This prompted some of my girls friends to physically shove her away and there was some some yapping back and forth. The intruding girl eventually did find a place at our table a few seats down, just out of reach.

Those of you waiting with your calculators handy, we emptied a bottle of 100 fucking pipers with mixer drinks, though one girl opted for some wine cooler stuff. Perhaps 8 girls at the table, snacks and food, the inevitable garland thingy for my girl. Bill came to 1320 baht. Very reasonable really. Try to entertain 8 girls in a gogo bar for an hour or two and see how much money you drop, and then you didn't have any food yet.. Oh, girl went with me as well, no bar-fine or off-charge or anything. Freebie too, though if she calls me today or tomorrow sobbing that her 1-2-Call card is finit or that the rent is due or something then I will likely make modest donation to the cunt-fund.

So, a fun experience overall. Should probably go back with some friends and really misbehave.

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 3 months later...

Hmmmmm

Maybe the new setting for jurrasic park IV

Where the dinosaurs are replaced by beady eye insatiable jealous crazed thai BG's

Not that there is anything worng with that ;)

Archived