What's your favourite cheese?

limbo

Fiery Jack did it. He brought up the cheese platter, and how ever attentive by Mr. Samak, pointing out it wasn't a dessert, here we go than with our fave list of cheese.

Boerenbelegen, all the Dutch know this one.

In general I like older cheeses, not too old, like when they start to crumble tho.

A camembert that starts running of the plate. :up:

Emmenthaler.

A good ripe Limburger. Very rare to find nowadays. AKA rommedoe.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I like brie and really love chevre, I prefer hard cheeses.

Unfortunately I don't know the name of my favorite as I have only had this once a long time ago. It was an aged English cheddar. Large wheel about 6 inches high by about 8 or 10 inch diameter. It had a black wax rind and was incredibly dense almost bordering on the density of an aged parmesan. The flavor was incredible, very intense with a nutty flavor. I would love to know what it was.

A good Manchego is also a favorite.

Sharp Cheddar - but only if aged until very dense.

Is it still referred to as chevre?

I'm going to check that out. I really like the various soft versions rolled in herbs but I've never tried a hard chevre. Last Christmas my wife got me an assortment of five different chevres. The herb varieties are great spread on a baguette with a little extra virgin olive oil and then grilled.

Crap, now I'm really hungry. Thankfully I've got a nice veal chop and some onion soup I'm going to top with some stinky gruyere. Mmmmmmmm. :grinyes:

Archived