Fishing for hints on Angeles City

stumpy

Hi Chaps,

Well I'm going to take my first side trip to AC when I visit thailand later this month.

I've checked out the Angeles 2 Board and read what's in posted in this forum.

I'd appreciate any hints or tips anyone has on where to stay in AC, anything to avoid scams wise etc.

Thanks in advance.

SD.

I'd appreciate any hints or tips anyone has on where to stay in AC

Hi stumpdog,

I like to stay at the America Hotel. It's not too far from the bars and it is real reasonably priced (about $20 per night), and it has a nice swimming pool. On the downside, their restaurant food is not that great. I like the Margarita Station food. It tastes great , they have a good selection and the prices are reasonable. Have fun!

Auricman

I'ved been to AC 4 times in the past 3 years. It is a pleasant change from the LOS, but will never be a replacement.

I have stayed at the Orchid Inn (you can book on their website). Yes, it is more expensive than the rest, but the location cannot be beat (no nasty trike/jeepney rides for me!) and I have never had a major problem there. A few minor ones though with brownouts, minibar, etc. Nice pool and staff and the restaurant is OK.Gogo bar on the premises.

Margarita Station is my place for eats. The owner is one of my best friends. Open 24 hours everyday of the year, they have a very extensive menu, and a bunch of cute, cuddly waitresses. Also, pool tables, currency exchange, internet in the back and freelancers when the bars close.

Other good restaurants include Salvatore's, Zapata's, and the Italian restaurant, Verona's, above the Volcano Club on Fields Ave. Also, I will often have a delicious schwarma on the street after running the bars.

I tend to like the smaller bars rather than the big ones, although if you want to see plenty of stunners, visit Nero's, Blue Nile, and Cambodia. Favorites of mine include Blue Fox, DMZ, Brown Sugar, Volcano, Misty's, and Insomnia. I guess all those are still there - I was in AC last Dec.

The great thing about AC is the afternoon sanuking - visit the bars further up Fields Ave for more fun. Places like Honey-Ko's, Thigh-Hi, and others.

I also use MS for my transportation to/from the Manila airport to AC. You can book at www.theville.com.

Have a nice visit - I am sure you will. :)

Archived