30,000 baht per month?

A quick question for all you posters out there familiar with the scene...

For the last few times I've been in Bangkok I've taken out the same girl from the Biergarten. This has gone on for several months (since December)--we've been emailing and chatting back and forth and meet up every time I get to BKK. She's in many ways not what I would call a typical Soi 7 Biergarten girl--not aggressive, has never asked for money after all this time, never expects me to pay for any of her expenses, no unexpected trips to the perfume counter at Robinson's, etc... She's not a flashy dresser and seemingly watches her money closely. Also very friendly and even-tempered.

When I met her a few months ago she was brandnew to the scene, and I've noticed a few changes: she's now into pool, going to the Coliseum. etc... But essentially she's still as I met her a few months ago. I also volunteered once to pay for some english classes for her--but the money was never used for that purpose, but, she said, to support her children. She has three children with 2 different men, all of whom live with their grandparents, and which she supports.

I asked her if she would be willing to leave the bar scene and come to London for a few months, and here is where it got interesting. She says she needs 30,000 baht per month to feed her children (in Issan) and pay for her own expenses in Bangkok--15,000 of which she claims is for internet expenses. Now i know enough about Thai economics to know that 30,000 baht puts one in a very high income bracket--secretarial help in BKK ranges from 7-12,000 month...

What makes this really mystifying is that when I promised to make up the difference between what she could make in a regular job and at the Biergarten, she simply refused. She said that if I'm serious about her, she'll find a way to pay for everything... She doesn't want the money part to be an issue between us.

I've known my share of BGs and freelancers in Bangkok, but this girl seems genuine. Except for the 5000 baht english lessons money, there are no real warning signs and, as far as i can judge, she has been really straightforward and honest with me. (Except that she also carries a little notebook in which she has written all the standard come-on lines--like "I never lie to you...")

I'm just wondering if I'm slowly being set up? I just don't see how she can stay away from the Biergarten with the kind of expenses she claims... Any advice?

Nich

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15,000 of which she claims is for internet expenses.

This definately Bull shit. I pay 20 bht per hour in a cafe. Some places catering for Thais charge 10bht.

If her internet connection is her own it is even less.

I just don't see how she can stay away from the Biergarten with the kind of expenses she claims... Any advice?

She probably would not stay away from the Beergarden whatever amount you gave her.

Also the UK is one of the hardest places for a Thai to get a visa. Especialy if they sus she's a bar girl. (which they probably will)

Have you looked into this at all?

Yes, the visa part is actually the one issue that is of least concern for a number of reasons. Thanks for your response--the 15,000 baht internet bill also struck me as so obviously and outrageously ridiculous. But why then is she seemingly so honest about all other issues? Ah well, LOS will never stop to surprise you...

Nich

But why then is she seemingly so honest about all other issues? Ah well, LOS will never stop to surprise you...

In what ways has she been honest?

You gave her 5k for English classes and she never went. Why do you consider to be so honest.

These girls are not stupid. They know if they start dragging you into various shops you will see her as a gold-digger and move on.

I know Im sounding harsh on her but Im just trying to give honest advice.

I see numerous examples of girls who get sponsored by guys. They carry on working and IMO treat the guy sending money in farrangland like a mug.

You could ask her to make a proper breakdown of her finances.

If she's telling the truth then this info will comeeasy and it wont be something she has to think about. i.e. if her responce id I will tell you later then smell a rat.

Good luck

all internet places around bg7 charges a uniform 2bt/min, which is a major ripoff so I won't be surpriced if she manages to burn 15k some months! 30k/m she could pull in if going 1x/d at 1k, which she needs to be over average attractive to do IMO.

just some thoughs & good luck :D

greg--

You did not sond harsh at all. Very good advice actually to ask for a breakdown of expenses. And yes, the 5000 baht issue does bother me--expecially since she did not even bother to thank me... Your message made me think more... thanks again,

Nich

If you were going to spend a substantial amount of time on the net then surely you would not do it on lower Suk.

She would be better of doing it in her living area.

Besides the internet is hardly part of life's essential unles she uses it to talk to her kids in Isaan

Mu God Im synical :help:

sure you wanna travel further afield & save a few baht, but perhaps on the expense of speed?

That doesn't make sense :: If "time is money" was ever true than here. Actually the 2 baht/min internet coffees at soi 4 are so slow that you pay really too much.

Hmm, where are these high speed internet sites exactly?

Best regards

Archived