30,000 baht per month?

Thanks for all the responses--some really sensible ones, and I've pretty much decided to just treat her as the friend she's been in the past and not expect anything more.

One thing still puzzles me, however. Why would she keep emailing and chatting, every day, at considerable cost (a long-term friend who lives on Suk confirms that 200 baht for translator for chat per hour is not unreasonable, and this woman easily chats at least a couple of hours per day with me), when I have clearly told her I will not send her money--and she knows I may not be back in BKK for months at this point?? It clearly can't be for the money--and she's said very clearly that if I think she's in it for the money to just piss off.

Nich

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly she is chatting with a number of other punters at the same time. Some tend to email groups of prospective punters and chat with all of them at once.

200 baht for translator for chat per hour is not unreasonable, and this woman easily chats at least a couple of hours per day with me

Two hours per day at 200bht per hour x 30 days = 12,000bht per month. So now we know who the farang is that she is pursuing at the cost of 15,000bht... its YOU!

Why would she keep emailing and chatting, every day, at considerable cost.... when I have clearly told her I will not send her money

Another way to ask this question is - how many short times does she have to do to get the money she needs to talk with the farang who gives her nothing. Don't know but here are some possible answers as to WHY she does it.

1. she is addicted to the internet (and so are you and birds with a feather...)

2. she is baa

3. she is in love

4. she does not believe you when you say you do not want to send money (were you jai dee when it came time to pay her? they never forget)

5. she genuinely wants out of the scene and thinks you may be the one who will come through for her. Has any other farang asked her to come to farangland? or only you?

Maybe someone else will post the more cynical answers, I'm trying to stay positive with my own girl at the moment. :beer:

I pay 650B a month for my internet provider for 90 hours and when i go over, no extra charges. If she is using the internet that much, she can figure out how to use at cheaper rates. Sorry don't buy the 15K internet story. Also, is she not using it just to milk other customers? How do you feel about that?

If one is paying her to be a gf, then she has no need to use the internet extensively other than to contact you.

As to 15k to feed her kids, take care of parents in isaan, it ain't that much.

As soon as you mention you pay for her and expenses to come to london, this translates to her as you are willing to shell out money for her and she views it on how she wishes to spend your money on her. I sure wouldn't call it much of an interest in you.

The bottom line is why does someone want to inherit another person's problems and liabilities? What indication is given that her situation is going to get better rahtrer than getting more demands placed upon you?

For her to say she is not interested in your money is wrong. She is very interested in your money but big money and as soon as you started talking a trip to london, etc, she shared her idea about it with you...30K a month for starters.

Please mull over the big picture......

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue, Mailuk--

Thanks--good advice. I've pretty much decided to keep this on the level of a friendship. There are, as you point out, too many unknowns here. I think Mailuk is right that she wants to get out of the scene, but this is extremely difficult: she is used to roughly 30,000 per month and, as she points out, there is no other way she can earn this much in any other job. Also, her whole social life is really starting to revolve around the Biergarten. I think it's better to keep this on a friendship level, see her when I pass through BKK, but not get any further involved. Not easy to reach this kind of decision when you really like someone, but some of the posters--including you--gave good advice.

Nich

Archived