30,000 baht per month?

First you justify this girl by telling the poster the cafe's round there charge 2bht per min. Which they do. Now you tell us there are places that do 40 per hour.

sure you wanna travel further afield & save a few baht, but perhaps on the expense of speed?

Its not m were discussing. If a girl needs money to support children she wll do things the cheapest way to save cash.

If she is genuine.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Nicholas:

Hi Shygye--

Believe me--I thought of that too. At one point in BKK she showed me her inbox--continaing only messages from me... I was a bit puzzled, to say the least. The more you guys respond to my post, the more I start to realize other things I had not thought of.... (Like the fact that she checked her email as soon as we arrived in my hotel...) Thanks!

Nich

I have 5 e-mail accounts, do not consider this odd at all, because I use them for different purposes.

I would assume that any thai girl with half a clue would have at least that many too, see if you can be alone with her computer, say you want to install a special device, like a webcam, but install a keylogger program instead, you will find your answer then.

But be warned, if it is all innocent you will feel like a piece of shit, and if you find out that she is not being truthful you might even feel worse.

In my humble opinion, once the alarm bells start going off, you should listen to your brain, not your heart, and you will have a better idea of what to do.

That is a hard thing to do, but it will save you a world of hurt later on.

There's a thread that ran on this board called "Fleeced by a Thai gold Digger". Read it. There are obvious differences between you and the victim in that story but do not let yourself go through what he did: having her get off the plane and treat him contemptuously, continuing to run scams and scout for new fuckmates while she was with him, etc. From what you have described, I see you as him in 6 months.

Having read the back and forth in the preceeding messages and your original post, it seems your best move could be to stop escalating and go back to the nice arrangement you had with this lady previously. If you return to the original relationship and she treats you extra well trying to set you up, just enjoy the nice treatment but don't get further involved.

Best of luck!

Lovethai--

A few months ago my then Thai (bar) girlfriend accidentally left her password in a file that I needed to use on her computer. You are absolutely right--not knowing is better than knowing. I was totally shocked when I saw what all she was doing, and really got burned that time. Believe me, I never want to gain access again to a bargirl's computer--it will haunt you for weeks!

KhMarried--

I related the whole above affair in a post at the time called "Old timer finally fleeced by freelancer". What is going on now does not have the potential to become what you described--the woman is quite the opposite from what is described in the post you mention. She is actually extremely gentle, and wouldn't even think of leaving my side for a minute while I'm in Bangkok.

Tigermoth--

I think your advice is really sound. I don't think this girl has any choice but to remain a bargirl--no matter how much she says she wants to give it up for me. It would be best just to go back to the good friendship we had, accept that she is a bargirl, and just enjoy her company when I pass through Bangkok.

Thanks to you all for your advice! Great responses

Nich

Perhaps she means interest (on a housing loan for instance).

If she has children from 2 different men, it possible that she's stuck with a mortgage on somethinhg after they left her

>I'm just wondering if I'm slowly being set up? I just don't see how she can stay away from the Biergarten with the kind of expenses she claims... Any advice?

Inrernet doesn not come cheapt to the girls, but nothing close to what she clains. My gf sent me 228 messages over 8 months, using cafee's translation and key in, printing messages and taking them home to read...she reckons it was 13-14 thousand bahts over 8 months 2 years ago when the cafees were more expensive. And about 50 msgs to other people were included in that cost (that I could see).

At today's prices, I would think 600-800 per month would cover that same amount of usage/work on her Internet contacts.

Certainly, she had another account but that one, when I learned about it and checked it 40 days after she was out of the bar - was deactivated due to no use for 30 days.

IMO, you are being setup. She's not even in a hurry to hook you up. There could easilly be several more people involved deeper than you.

Taking school money, not thanking for it and using it for who knows what is only a first sign of disrespect.

"Does not want money to be an issue among you" is an outright lie and bullshitting.

Basically, if you beg her long enough, she may grant you the honour to support her and her family. After that, don't get surprised if she yells at you when you ask why she is not at home at night.

Thanks for your honest post. Hope we have rattled your thoughts a bit.

Says think_too_mut:
>

Inrernet doesn not come cheapt to the girls, but nothing close to what she clains. My gf sent me 228 messages over 8 months, using cafee's translation and key in, printing messages and taking them home to read...she reckons it was 13-14 thousand bahts over 8 months 2 years ago when the cafees were more expensive.

I should say that she constantly needs to use a translator since she can't write english well enough. She claims each chat session (up to 2 hours) costs her 400 baht...

There could easilly be several more people involved deeper than you.

Taking school money, not thanking for it and using it for who knows what is only a first sign of disrespect.

Yes, i agree with you on both issues. She hinted at one point at some farangs she was in touch with, and had stayed long time with. Alos, if she spends so much on the internet, the only thin I can think of is other chat sessions with farangs...

Hope we have rattled your thoughts a bit.

You sure all did--and it gave me a beter perspective. I'll sure be careful how I deal with her in the future. Thanks!

Nich

I see the ones who stay in the bars so I have a very negative picture of BGs on boyfriend salary. Just the other day one boasted about her current two supporters from Norway and the US sending her money every month (one guy was 15000 and the other based on how much need she relays to him). She was drunk and inexperienced at pool, but immediately wanted to play a game for 500 baht wager with me. That's steep even by farang standards and I walked out disgusted rather than taking her (their) money. I used to think of farangs supporting BGs was help to isaan girls in hardship, but I see the money misused too often and the deception to these guys is starting to eat at me. I watched a good friend go through this salary thing and try as I might, there was no way I was able to prevent him learning the hard way.

I hope there are success stories out there, and I recognize I see just the cases of these girls harvesting easy money they gamble away or put to other bad use.

>I should say that she constantly needs to use a translator since she can't write english well enough. She claims each chat session (up to 2 hours) costs her 400 baht...

400bahts for 2 hours chat over the net? Don't know, that was not widely on offer in the caffees in my time....

In that case, I would ring her over the phone. 400Bhts gives me 155 minutes of phone talk from Oz, noone twisting and typing what she says nor what I say.

I got my gf dial-up Internet and web cam/chat shortly after her leaving the bar. The price now is 20 bahts - just over 4 cents US per hour (down from 9 cents a year ago).

Maybe some othet members could comment, haven't checked the prices but saw ads for "Cheap talk over the net" and "Video conferencing available here".

Emailing: if I remember well, translation and keying in a letter was 60-160Bhts, depending on how long the letter is. 400Bht should be good for 1 hour reading incoming mail and 3-5 letters translated and punched in by the caffee staff.

Archived