30,000 baht per month?

Nicholas said:

I asked her if she would be willing to leave the bar scene and come to London for a few months, and here is where it got interesting. She says she needs 30,000 baht per month to feed her children (in Issan) and pay for her own expenses in Bangkok--15,000 of which she claims is for internet expenses.

This long discusion about internet fees has me confused. If he is taking the girl out of the bar scene, than her internet expenses whatever they may be are eliminated.

I agree with orandanodes, there must be some language mishap. She cannot possibly be asking him to pay 15,000bht for her pursuit of farang on the net.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Internet thing is all bullshit, its amazing how they come up with some lame reason for needing money these days.

Many get their own PC, and all the ones I have known pay 20 baht an hour max in the local cafes, sometimes half that if they are regulars.

I would walk away from her, or leave it as it currently is, a convenience, it wont last forever, one of the many guys in her inbox will succumb to her wishes..

>>>She said that if I'm serious about her, she'll find a way to pay for everything... <<<

What does she mean by this? She will pay her own 30,000bht monthly expense while waiting for a visa? (meaning if she believes you are serious about taking her out, she stays working in the scene so she can pay her own way)? ::

This is an interesting statement by her you should get specifics. Sounds like she is offering you something for free (no such thing right?).

she has been really straightforward and honest with me. (Except that she also carries a little notebook in which she has written all the standard come-on lines--like "I never lie to you...")

And she has a 15,000bht expense for long hours of internet usage. She sounds like a highly motivated hard working girl. :bow:

Not criticising her.

She'll never stay out of the biergarten as long as she is anywhere near it. And for sure she has alot of farang contacts on the net (and phone) to be dealt with even if you take her away.

But if she were an easy one to deal with, and had no other farangs in the running, you probably would not be interested. :up:

Says Nicholas:

I'm just wondering if I'm slowly being set up? I just don't see how she can stay away from the Biergarten with the kind of expenses she claims... Any advice?

Nich

Your trying to play Mr. Hero or assume some sort of boyfriend role. How are you being slowly set up? You appear to be the one involuntarily offering your assistance and she is not asking.

Your situation by the way you describe it sounds too haphazard and you don't go into enough detail aside from describing the internet usage. I don't think you and the young lady on on the same communication wavelength at this point. You need to get better understanding of her finacial situation with a breakdown of costs aside from what she spends on the internet(food, housing, family, sanuk money, etc).

My advice to you is to first evaluate the level of commitment you are capable and willing to give and then talk with the woman asking her what her expectations are from you and what she is willing to commit to. Only then can you formulate a strategy of how the two of you can engage in a relationship that has certain goals and that minimizes bullshit.

You really don't provide enough info IMO to determine if the lady is bullshitting you in any capacity.

BTW-30,000bt is not an unheard of or unrealistic sum for a BKK prostitute or kept woman even more so if she has 2 kids. The example of Thai secretary you used, earning 7-12k bt is not supporting 2 different households in 2 different locations (feeding 4-6 people) so that comparison does not apply.

>Your trying to play Mr. Hero or assume some sort of boyfriend role. How are you being slowly set up? You appear to be the one involuntarily offering your assistance and she is not asking.

Can't add anything - just repeating what I said in my post - the woman is not in a rush to get him aboard.

More harshly, she stated the price and nothing in return. Take it or leave it.

Completely agree that in the circumstances described, 30000 baht per month would not necessarily be unreasonable -- if things were on the level. It's everything *else* about this situation that red-flags it for me as one that's *not* on the level.

To me, this is reasonable. And she's shouting loud and clear. You are a CUSTOMER. Period.

About the internet fees.... I don't know what the hourly rate is, but it is pretty high and 200/hour sounds about right considering what some girls I know pay for translation services. I wanted to teach one girl in particular better English so she could do this herself, but she's to dang lazy (which pisses me off, but that's her life). She pays something like 200 or 400 baht per month so she can call up and check if she's got messages. Then replies cost a bunch per reply. It's a nice little gig some of these girls have running the email network of others.

For the original poster... Go ahead and give her a holiday if you want, but go in knowing that you are clearly a customer and an uphill fight is instore if you want to be anything different. If a Thai girl really falls for you, you'll know, and she'll go all the way to the point of giving you money.

<<burp>>

Since my earlier response I have only kept half an eye on the advice given by the other guys.

About these internet fees.

Some guys are justifying it by including translation fee's.

Well who the fuck is she writing to if she needs translations. Other guys obviously.

This alone should tell you to leave her where you found her.

Archived