Software you can't do without

soongmak

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Spybot : better than Adaware

YahooPOPs : prog that can allow you to use your regular yahoo webmail account in your favorite email client.

Firefox/Thunderbird : mozilla browser with ballz and spiffy email client.

StyleXP : makes windoze purrty.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who has a website should take a look at this excellent free traffic counter.

Not only does it do the obvious, and count your site traffic, it also collects the following info (and more), and presents it to you in a series of pie charts. Fascinating...

• Country of visitor
  • Link used to arrive at your site
  • Search engine used ( if any), and key words entered
  • Browser
  • Operating System
  • Screen Resolution

Check out Ned Stat Basic for more...

Or click on the little blue graph on a tracked page - here's a good example of a well visited site - Tropical Heat ( The books are worth a read as well ;) )

The set-up even gives you the HTML to copy/paste into your page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes fucking brilliant that skype thingy is for IM & audio between up to 5 persons I believe?

even enables chat/im behind most firewalls/tricky configurations ;)

for HTML/web editing I never quite found the killer application so would be interested to hear what you guys use?

Netscape/Mozilla got a decent WYSIWYG editor & so does MS with OE or frontpage, which can be good to track links etc. for a complete web site.

html-kit is good for HTML editing & checking your code or even converting 'old' html to xhtml supporting mobile lite browsers ;)

Hi,

"for HTML/web editing I never quite found the killer application so would be interested to hear what you guys use? "

I just use a text editor (UltraEdit in my case). At the office I have recently started using Dreamweaver though, which I guess is okay-ish. Still prefer handcoding though.

Sanuk!

• 1 month later...

Archived