English Teaching In Jakarta: Help Please

Guys,

I have a few months to spare at the end of the year and would like to spend it in Indonesia. Problem is, this time I am not so flush with cash, so in order to maximise my stay, and fun, I need a job. Nothing brilliant, just to pay the rent and keep me out of the pubs 24/7. What I need to know is how do I go about getting short-term teaching work in Jakarta (or failing that, Jogja, Bandung or Surabaya)? I won't have too long there (3months max) so I really need to get into something quickly. If anyone could tell me names of schools/organisations etc. it would be much appreciated. Also, I would probably want an appartment for that length. Again, what is the quickest way to find a basic furnished room that isnt going to cost me the earth but is still central?

Cheers

Jaga

Maybe you should ask at Daves ESL Cafe. Its been years since I did that but my guess is you will bust your ass for six hours in front of students trying to get them to emote and you will get paid USD650-1000 a month for your trouble. I think it might be more fruitfull if you took a part time job as a janitor now. You can finish your in an hour and spend the remainder of the shift sleeping or studying.

Why don't you get in touch with ausaid and see if you can find a short term assignment instead. Theres lots of development money floating around for people who are driven to chase it down.

Archived