Can They Do To Much For You?

Torneyboy

You guys have same situation?

No, we do about the same amount of (house)work.

We haven't set up a schedule or anything, but we help eachother when needed etc..

There's only 1 thing though, she hates washing dishes so I do that :: I hate ironing so she does that :)

The rest we both hate equally much so we do that together ::

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as my mrs works considerably harder than I do in a steaming hot kitchen/restaurant as to my sedentary job sat on my fat arse I feel compelled to do as much house work as I can do , I?ve even taken to cooking her the odd meal , I actually enjoy hoovering

Cooking the ODD meal :neener:(what is it and why odd)

My wife also works in the restaurant and long hours on some days.

Dont get me wrong i do a lot but she is doing maoe and more these days....maybe because it is getting colder. :dunno:

torneyboy--

Mt TF (finacee) is substantially the same way.. She makes the bed, does the laundry, cooks, cleans the kitchen, bathrooms, vacuums, dusts, does the grocey shopping....

Does it bother me??? To say "no" would make me think that my answer is, in part, self-serving, but I would say that, at times, it can be a bit much... She has never said that the way I did/do things is wrong or bad.. she just prefers to do them... Have I done any of these things since we've been together? Yes, but not often.. For her, she feels like it is just a part of the gender segregation of work... She feels like there are men's work and women's work.. While I don't necessarilly see things like that, I do recognize that it is a part of HER culture and upbringing... So, I accept it (with a pinch of salt) and do my best to work around it...

To date, she has not pre-squeezed my toothpaste for me. But she does say that I am not using enough when I brush..

--UPSer

<<To date, she has not pre-squeezed my toothpaste for me. But she does say that I am not using enough when I brush>>

Thats just her subtle way of telling you ya breath stinks!! :hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

Kangaloo--

I thought so too.. No really.. The last time we went to the dentist I had one small pre-cavity and she equates this with insufficient toothpaste useage.. So, now she (covertly) monitors how much I am using...

--UPSer

Says think_too_mut:

>we used to share the ironing and cooking and now she wants or does everything.

Not my experience, although I am not 24x7 with my gf. In one month chunks, she does not do more than a farang wife would do.

The only threat is - if she does not wake up and make a breakfast, she'll have to eat KFC. Happened only once. Rice soup is always on time after trying KFC.

Other things, I would do whatever has to be done, if she has school obligations. Nothing that can be named as a subservant behavior of a Thai woman. Neither I wanted to know about it.

If she is having her free time, I am just on the net and she does everything, that covers about 85% of the due work around the house and around us.

Never missed to ask if I could be of any help. Usually, ends up with taking bags of garbage out or some other bulky work.

I don't think they are born servants.

No servants ...i think it goes to culture and buddha and the take care of family they learn at a very early age.

I once had a lady who insisted on removing my shoes and sox for me every time we got back to the loom.

This was sort of charming at first, but got old real fast.

I happened to mention this to another girl later, and from that day on, she insisted on doing the same.

I didn't really know what to make of all this, but with the first girl, I felt it was just a way of showing gratefulness for my financial generosity since she was shy and not that popular with customers in the bar and had three babies to support.

With the second one, I think it was more of an attempt to fake genuine subservience and feelings for me as she was also not too popular and happy to have a good customer.

Says torneyboy:

Says samak:

Says torneyboy:

My wife (thai) seems to be doing more and more for me each day.

i would be very happy if she also started to write your posts on this Board!!
:neener:

Would have to be in Thai and all girly stuff
:neener:

no problem!! so i can read what your wife is writing about you on this board, which YOU CAN'T read! :neener: :neener: :neener:

Archived