Have You Ever Been Addicted to "the Sanuk"?

Straycat

Fair & simple question.

Ever Been Addicted to LOS Bargirls, FL:s, MP:s etc

Yes

No

I actually don't know

Fxxx off! - Going to Eden four times a week is not addiction

Problem here is of course that when you're right into it you cannot assess if your addicted or not.

I can tell -- now with a bit of time behind it and a new perspective -- that I certainly was hooked ( :-) ) which had some negative consequences in my so called "normal" life. Alcohol being a big part of the problem.

Yes...short answer.

A little over 2 years with an MP G/F

Many short trips to see her often just for a weekend/money/phone calls and much more.

And then i saw the light (after but not only..comments from the guys on the board)

And now happily married to a sweet hard working Thai Lady. :up:

As I understand it, Addiction is defined as a behavior with negative consequenses. Despite the negativity, we still engage and thus are addicted. Some addacts can still funtion in society. That said, I would say that I am addicted to LOS and all that implies! The consequenses being, less income to invest/save/channel to other things, alienation from normal relationships with "normal women" at home, for fear it will cut off my LOS trips/activities, alienation from people who don't have my LOS interests etc...do I want to quit and go straight? HELL NO!!

This being a board for LOS enthusiasts some of the answers here will of course be fairly predictable :)

And that's ok -- I actually don't want to lay any moral fetters to the poll. You, the reader, be the one to interpret "addiction". ;)

My personal view though is that whoring around in LOS is not a good thing, nor for the punters nor for the girls or for anyone else. There's an asocial slant to it that you can't get away from.

Some other poster suggested recently -- was it check_bin_krap? -- that the sanuk scene is "death". I agree with that view. It's not a place for building quality in life or happiness. If done with moderation, it may be fun at moments. I'm not sure however bagging "stunners" in pay for play is anything to write home about. It gets old quick and has no real value.

Please, note that I don't feel the need to change anyones opinion in line with my one though.

I was never addicted in LOS. Frankly its too big there and too commercial and somehow it scared me. So my participation was small and a long time ago.

In other countries, yes. During a marriage which died a slow death. I hope I won't get back to that life, its pretty empty and I certainly regret it. Its a lot of misery, many girls who try to get out via a foreigner. And who are nice people who do not deserve the crap life has put them into.

I have been addicted to Thailand for many years, but not the scene as you describe it.

Yes, it is nice to have this in my own backyard, but like many expats here, even if this scene disappeared over night and say, moved to Indiana, I would remain in Thailand - suffering because of my addiction. ;)

And, by the way, I don't get the negative connotation. My dictionary simply states, "habitual or compulsive behavior."

Now, I am addicted to hitting the gym nearly every day. I don't see anything negative in that. Yeah, I know, some of you might say it is a big negative when I could be spending the time in Eden, etc., but for me, only positives. Same as being addicted to Thailand. :D

My personal view though is that whoring around in LOS is not a good thing, nor for the punters nor for the girls or for anyone else.

I think just about every human enjoys things that are not necessarily good for them. Many people don't play, eat or drive based on what's good for them. Examples are some people get addiicted to rugby, red meat and fast cars. Sanuk is kind of the same situation providing fulfillment and enjoyment with some costs and risks.

Archived