business slow; prices high

I arrived in LOS two days ago for a 3 week trip. My first impressions:

I have never seen business as slow as now in BKK; most gogobars have 3 or 4 customers maximum ; several beerbars don't have customers at all.

But at the same time I got quoted 3000 baht LT from a streetwalker and she wouldn't budge.

In Nanaplaza ST quote is minimum 1500. LT girls are VERY difficult to find in Nanaplaza.

Took a lady from a beerbar around the corner of Soi Cowboy yesterday for LT. I didn't discuss price beforehand but in the room she demanded 2500 ; she was a nice girl but certainly not a stunner..

Since the exchangerate of the Euro versus THB is very good now ( almost 5000 baht for 100 Euro) it's no big deal for me to pay the girls a bit more now but I wonder what will happen when the SARS problems are over and the tourists will start to come to LOS again.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with what you are seeing. I wonder how much longer the girls (and the bars for that matter) can take the low turnout. Touts and welcome girls are getting like aggressive hyena packs. I wish I could walk around with an ugly stick to beat them away. The popular bars seem to be continue to draw a good amount of customers, but past that too many places are completely empty. I've even seen the doll house empty!

Price quotes reflects what the girl thinks she can get out of YOU, not some sort of market index :p. I've been sticking to 1000 short, 2000 long pricing. I cut them loose if price comes up anytime before the act. For me, it is a red flag a transaction based experience lies ahead.

I also notice LT's not necessarily tendered/fulfilled, but this has always been kind of hit or miss for me.

PS: next time a street walker asks you for 3000, just reply "ghee doo one" which means: how many months? Should do the trick...

Ouch.. you are generous mister, good for you. I believe 500-700 (1000 if she is a real stunner) is ok for ST and 1000 LT I should think is about right. Hey, this is Thailand and not Europe ;) You gotta do a bit more "shopping around" I'd suggest ::

Says keith doug:

With all respect !! IF you didnt chat about the price it was your cault common ...and 2500 does seem a bit high. Re drinks yes they have increased a lot!!.Finally i know the beer bar your talking about was it the first one nearest soi cowboy haaaa!!

Yes, I mostly chat up the price beforehand ( with gogogirls I do that always anyway) but I had thought she would demand no more than 1500. But in the end it wasn't a problem: I told her 2500 was quite much and in the morning she said if 2000 was okay. I agreed to that; she was not the lazy kind of girl and gave me a good time.

You are right about the location of the beerbar ;-)

Says zoviniflex:

Ouch.. you are generous mister, good for you. I believe 500-700 (1000 if she is a real stunner) is ok for ST and 1000 LT I should think is about right. Hey, this is Thailand and not Europe
;)
You gotta do a bit more "shopping around" I'd suggest ::

I have been shopping a lot LOL but with 500-700 you won't get far (maybe in the streetscene ).

I am not a fool with my money ; two years ago 1000 ST and 1500 LT was possible in nanaplaza as long as you didn't go for a topclass stunner but right now :forget it.

Please tell me where I can find the 1000 LT stunner ;-)

Archived