business slow; prices high

Somewhat OT, but here goes. Nothing is foolproof and for some discussing up front works well and that?s fine. I've been at it a few years and can speak some thai. For me, talking baht early can take away from the experience. I believe a lot of girls who bring up price first seem only interested in collecting and not much else.

I look for chemistry that leads to a GF experience. It is about finding a BG who wants to be with me and maybe spend some extra time catching a movie the next day. For ST maybe talk and have some drinks afterward. I feel a lot better when I think the girl wants to be there. I also put the baht in their pocket rather than in hand as the last token this was a GF experience. I have no illusions why they are working and for what, but I just like to make mutually beneficial relationships as much as I can under the circumstances.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't agree more. Didn't been to bars for months, but I gave it another try due to the comments of low business here on the board and bkkchat being down for weeks.

I went to almost every bar and I wasn't impressed at all. Despite Rainbow 1+2 in Nana and Long Gun in SC, the bars not only had no customers, but also hardly any girls.

Prices are now up to 100THB even for softdrinks and the barfines almost everywhere up to 600THB. Though I am pretty fluent in Thai and don't look like a first timer, the girls insisted in 1500 ST and 2000-2500 LT, even in SC. Looks like they set up up their own price cartell.

Do I bother? NO, with Bkkchat being up again I get much better girls for free.

Hey, this is Thailand and not Europe

-------------------------------------------

You are damned right. Moreover, it does not make any thai more grateful if you pay up.

Unfortunately, the new trend of (sex) tourists giving that much is in, I met this swedish guy in Pattaya, just told me he does not mind paying "stuff" same as he pays in Sweden. the rationale being that "hey, they need money, you know...It's my vacation time, why count?" (1).

That kind of attitude is sure going to drive a lot of us away from the scene, towards GTGs (but bad GTGS, ok? ;)).

Ok, come to think of it, no problem...........

(1) said he spent one million bahts during his 2 months stay.

Says pattaya127:

I met this swedish guy in Pattaya, just told me he does not mind paying "stuff" same as he pays in Sweden. the rationale being that "hey, they need money, you know...It's my vacation time, why count?"

Luckily, the prices in Pattaya have not changed for the past 4-5 years. It's still 500 ST and 700-1,000 LT with beer bar girls.

Just so you guys know...i will be in a month and there is no way im paying 3000 baht for LT. I might as well stay here in Canada if I have to pay that.

Ill help drive the price down by offering normal prices...im sure if enough ppl do that then they'll have to accept...go go girls do have a quota to fill right? So eventually they'll have to start accepting whatever they can get.

I just got back from a long weekend in BKK. I?ll try to throw together a trip report but to summarize my perspective in this post: (1) Business is slow; (2) Overall quality is down; (3) Prices are up; (4) Plenty of decent freelancers about; (5) Unusual types of tourists on plane. For instance, I had a high school field trip sitting around me on UAL875 ? never seen that before. Everyone will have their own experiences but, for me, this trip ended up being very odd. Not necessary negative, just different ? even though I felt I was prepared and well informed from the Board prior to arrival.

Archived