Yet another taxi scam

ALHOLK

Hi!

Yesterday my GF came down from Udon Thani. She hasn't been to BKK very much so she doesn't know her way around. The taxi from Moor Chit bus station to Nana hotel cost 400 baht. My taxi from the airport to the aforementioned hotel cost 143 baht (extras not included) and this is a longer trip. She said the he drove her all over town.

It seem to be true as I was once told by a Swede living here that no matter how much they fuck us they fuck their own people more.

Let's hope that the taxiarsehole driverarsehole is run over by a very large vehicle :devil:

regards

ALHOLK

P.S. I know this kind of post pisses some board members off. That makes it even more fun to write. :neener:

a very old scam.

most of those so called taxi drivers at the different bus stations prey on the upcountry folks who don't know their way around.

there are a lot worse things going on there too - some of those job brokers and agents luring those folks who come here to find work into all sorts of indentured jobsituations.

>>>no matter how much they fuck us they fuck their own people more.<<<

very true, that should be remembered by the people who have somehow those notions that all thais are only out to screw us farang.

My wife has had a lot more trouble with Bangkok taxi drivers than I have. I'm a six footer and often taken for a retired army officer. My Mrs is 148 cm tall and not exactly Wonderwoman. One fellow drove her around Bamlampoo on her way from Don Muang to my apartment -- and you know how round about that was. She told me she was afraid to say anything, since he was a young guy and had a sheath knife laying on the seat next to him!

Perhaps this is as much about the Nana Hotel as scenic route taxi rides. Be sure to have her not ask for that hotel again. Any taxi driver hearing it for the last 30 years 'knows' she has more money than him and will want a cut. ::

Seriously, this long way around scam is not normal here as most taxi drivers prefer the short trips with the 35 baht flag charge and are gamblers at heart so always think they will have another fare in 30 seconds. Most of the time when indirect routes are used it is because of traffic.

Did she use the normal taxi queue at Morchit II?

Archived