Yet another taxi scam

ALHOLK

Hi!

Yes it even happened to me once in Stockholm. Even though I have lived there more than half of my life I have maintained my southern Swedish accent.

I arrived at the central station with a lot of luggage and took a taxi home. He went completely in the wrong direction. I told him that I have driven a car for a security company for several years in the centre of the city and know my way around better than most people that were born there. I then gave the driver a choice between switching of the metre and driving me home without charge or calling the police. I can tell you that the driver was not happy at all.

regards

ALHOLK

Ive been back in BKK since Thursday and been scamme twice.

First time from the airport. I told him the way but he just said that the road was one-way and did his own thing. I know for a fact that it is not one way.

We ended up driving up and down the same road 3 times.

The other was going to MBK surely every taxi driver would know his way there but he still gave the same bullshit.

Interestingly on both occasions my gf was with me.

Not sure if this is significant or not?

Hi!

Just to get this thread going offtopic. Some years ago in Pattaya I was going home from Lucky Star. This was one of the really rare occasions where I was drunk after sitting at Lucky Star all night and early morning. The moto driver in turn was female and I made a joke about holding on to her tits so I wouldn't fall off. The other drivers answered seriously that, of course I could hold on to her tits but it would cost extra. :grinyes:

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

That's probabaly good advice. The problem is that she was very unclear about when she would arrive so I couldn't go and meet her. As she knows nothing about BKK she can't go to another adress and walk the last 100 metres.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

I'm not very big myself but still slightly larger than an average Thai I think. I very rarely have problems with taxi drivers in BKK. My GF would be about the size of your wife so perhaps you have a point. At least she had the sence to remove her gold while travelling.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

Did you let your gf do the the talking. I have noticed that girls from out of town often know less about BKK than I do. In the old days before metered taxis were abundant I often got a better price than the girls did.

regards

ALHOLK

I think you opted for the 'scenic' route :hubba: :grinyes:

To get it further off topic it reminds me of my only seriously erotic moto ride, which was in huahin doing extended french kissing with the BG for the night as not to loose her as the driver we're a maniac as expected :o

Archived