Suffering from End of Season Affective Dissorder?

Bhat_Man

The End of Season Affective Disorder, has been compared to the winter blues' (seasonal affective disorder) and may be more severe this summer cos fans enjoyed 22 months of continuous football, including the 2002 World Cup.

In an effort to avoid those irritable and temperemental mood changes I wondered if anybody fancied trying out the Pompey Prediction Game.

I only chose Pompey as they are newly promoted and I haven't got a fucking clue about them except that Alan Ball used to be the manager there.

The whole idea of the competition is to predict Portsmouth's scores for the coming season. If I get a good response then I'll be asking for entry fees of 500 baht which will be given to the winner in conjunction with the award ceremony for the NP Fantasy Footy at the end of the coming season. WE can't have Kman winning everything again :cussing:

Racha has agreed to collect entry fees should we get enough numbers. :beer:

Simply predict the scores and winner takes all (subject to popularity of competing for cash). There are 6 games where double points will accrue.

3 points for predicting correct score line

1 point for predicting the correct result i.e. win, draw, loose.

If there is a tie at the end of the season the winner will be the person who predicted the most correct scores, if there is still a tie then by the most correct results and if a tie remains then the prize money will be split equally.

PM me with your e-mail address if you want to enter. I will then send you an e-mail attaching a spreadsheet to be completed and sent back to me cos I havent a clue how to attach it on this site.

Hopefully, if we get the numbers then I will post up the League Table of entrants on a fortnightly basis.

I'll post soon if I am getting a good response ..if not then I'll banish the whole idea into the dustbin of history.

:dunno:

To put a timelimit on responses I suggest that a cut off point for entrants shall be the end of July21 2003.

Cheers

BM

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't believe this.

i live in Pompey.. :help:

Alan Ball,Jesus your memory is good,that was eons ago.

Harry R is the boss now and doing a good job.

Berger has already signed in the summer and it looks like Sheringham is almost certain to come.

Pomey have a few players with PL experience,Merson,Hislop,Stone,Todorov and a couple of others.

i think they will do alright next season,but we shall see.

i'm game and will send you the PM,but how do i get the 500 to you?.

Guest lazyphil

<<I only chose Pompey as they are newly promoted and I haven't got a fucking clue about them except that Alan Ball used to be the manager there>>

[color:"red"]GW [/color] , did I tell you my brother-in-law is a born and bred Pompey fan, so its a great shame they got promotion as now I cant make cheap jokes at his expense on their past piss poor performances. I had the pleasure :: :help: of going with him to watch them at Southend FC some years ago. My feet were too numbed by the cold to even remember the result :banghead:

I just joined up and became a member of the Portsmouth football club, so I can now get the inside info from there weekly news letter, I am off to write a letter now to warn them if some bloke called K-man trys to join up then tell him to piss off as he is a Gooner spy :beer:

Gents

Current take up on this footballing feast is 4 people:

1. Bhat_Man

2. Sayjann

3. K-Man

4. Racha

:beer:

I will endeavour to get the spreadsheets out today via e-mail.

Hopefully, we'll get some more people involved. Still early days!

BM

Archived