Does your girlfriend have HIV?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says sickbuffalo:

[quote=kenneth

Do you have a link to their website?

sorry no! I read this in Bangkok Post about an half year ago.

After having being fucking around in LOS WITH condom for many years I am living with a "live in" as you mention for 20 months and not using condoms. Since we live together, the risk is limited to ourselves.

Last year she had some abdominal pains and we went to Samitivej hospital. We used that occasion to have us both cheked. We were both somewhat scared, although I had a yearly HIV test done. We came out negative and are happy.

Only one solution: condoms and if you decide to stick together get an HIV check-up together.

I suspect in 1 or 2 years Thailand will make major changes regarding AIDs. I think Thailand may look at AIDs like they did with SARS. If they do this, Thailand will become the safest country in the world. Right now, it is questionable how safe Thailand is as far as AIDs.

Since New Zealand made prostitution legal, I suspect Thailand will make it legal very soon. There is much going on in this area. Some are asking for the sex workers to be considered employees so they can make payments into the Social Security pool. If this is done, then they would be protected under various laws regarding employment. If some of them would come down with AIDs, they could draw Social Security. Now, they are fired and get nothing. Nobody pays them anything.

:banghead:If the Thai government steps in, we can expect the girls to be checked by government employees and that the girls would carry health cards that are legitimate. Some of them now carry cards that are forged.

:cussing:The Thai government is starting to make headway in having the sex trade pay a VAT tax. If this happens, we can expect greater control of the industry. Also, places that advertise various sex practices as being safe may have to retract their statements and post advertisements that are in align with what main line health organizations claim.

:clown:I think a well maintained, legal, safe sex trade would be better then the sex trade offered in Bangkok where women are treated in a bad way. Ask some of the Thai ladies about what happens to some of the girls that get AIDs. A lot of them commit suicide.

:banghead:

Crazy John, this is either a troll or you really are crazy. ::

This is a serious subject and I?m not trying to be funny here, more importantly, this is not meant to be a flame - but rarely have I read such a bunch of nonsense on this board. Really, what have you been smoking CJ??

?Since New Zealand made prostitution legal, I suspect Thailand will make it legal very soon.?

I wouldn?t hold my breath on this one. I think it?s more the government?s reasoning that since there are no prostitutes in Thailand there is no problem. So, why would they want to legalize something that does not exist?

?Some are asking for the sex workers to be considered employees so they can make payments into the Social Security pool.?

Huh? Social Security in Thailand... CJ, this may sound a little silly, but have you ever set foot in the Kingdom?

?The Thai government is starting to make headway in having the sex trade pay a VAT tax.?

Huh (again)? Oh no, not another barfine to be paid!

?Also, places that advertise various sex practices as being safe may have to retract their statements and post advertisements that are in align with what main line health organizations claim.?

You really lost me on this one; I have absolutely no idea what advertising you are referring to.

?I think a well maintained, legal, safe sex trade would be better then the sex trade offered in Bangkok where women are treated in a bad way.?

Not sure what you mean by women being treated in a bad way? I agree though - the benefits of legalized, regulated prostitution are so many that it makes no sense to keep it unlawful. Unfortunately, since this is straight forward logic it will never occur to the politicians of the world?:banghead:

And where is this place New Zealand anyway? :)

ST

I had sex in a NZ strip joint cum brothel cum MP place last year & god forbid the offerings in LOS will become like that :eek:

But as you already applied the global polical logic as well as the TIT logic to it the conclusion is pretty clear: Only a few weird countries in the world will have prostitutes such as OZ, NZ, Germany, Netherlands etc. :shhh:

Archived