Linguaphone

Straycat

AF,

i used Linguaphone a lot before -

it is expensive but it is very good. Cd's or tapes, and two books with the conversations and exercises (the books have a transliterated version as well as Thai script). Also a small but excellent book on the thai writing/reading system.

Has very good exercises for tuning your ears to the tones - until you hear the difference between all 5 of them, there's no way on this earth you'll be able to speak properly and you'll end up practicing to say something wrong... so listen lots first....

Also the Banjwan Becker range of books with tapes are pretty good (not very standard transliteration system though) and a lot cheaper.

coops

Hi AF16

I dont know about your country but the linguaphone set is available from the library in my country (denmark)

I got it from there and copied it - yes, I am baaad :: - but I also found the price a bit stiff. It is however an excellent program and the reason why I got started in the first place.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I'll check tomorrow. I have gotten the Japanese Linguaphone from there previously, and there are a lot more Thai people in my town than Japanese.

Denmark is one of my favorite cuntries btw. Spent most of my childhood summers there.

Archived