New book, not Bangkok 8

dddave

Is anybody familiar with the french author, Michel Houellebeck?

While surfing around I found a reference to a novel written by him two years ago which is about to be released in English titled "PLATFORM". It is apparantly partially set in Thailand and Malaysia and revolves around terrorist's plots against major tourist attractions, including the sanuk areas of Bangkok and Pattaya. Sound a little familiar?

From what I read about the author, he has quite a distinctive writing style. The book will be released on July 15th and is listed on Amazon.

Any comments??

dj

Says dddave:

From what I read about the author, he has quite a distinctive writing style. The book will be released on July 15th and is listed on Amazon.

Any comments??

Yes, I would never read that guy, he is a very well known extreme-right activist in France...... :(

Cheers !

I read it earlier this year, as Belgianboy wrote he is very right wing in his view and the book has a lot of anti arab sentiments. Saying that the guy does seem to have some idea about the the scene in Thailand and it's a moderately interesting read if you ignore the political overtones.

Read better, read worse

Archived