one-day pakaged tours

pattaya127

Never did one, but i would like to know if some have taken such type of tours, that pick you up in the morning, taking you to 3 or 4 cultural sites (I even think travel agencies do a Nakhom Panom, Kanchanaburi tour, back in the evening!) and then back to hotel. was it well-organized, enjoyable? Or a bit rushed?

I did the Rose Garden, once, long time ago, never again.

Was afternoon trip. Chauffeur got on time for hotel pick-up, brought us to some travel agency where we had to wait Looong time for other tourist to arrive, then were pushed into crowded minivan, drove out of town to Rose garden.

Attended the tourist show (in fact I hate tourist shows...) got some time for shopping, back into the minivan to tourist agency and back to hotel.

After this single experience organised all my sightseeing by myself sometimes with help of BG of the day. Much better experience. Wat Po, Wat Phra Keow, Ancient city in Samut Prakan etc.

Btw, visited Wat Phra Keow last january, was 200 baht for foreigners, Ancient city does not have double pricing, forgot the price but not expensive.

Lots cheaper and more enjoyable.

Hi P127,

I did a tour once from Kanchanaburi with wife and kid quite some time back. It was in a minibus and it was an enjoyable trip well arranged. We went to see the Erawan waterfall and had lunch there, then on to the bridge, the JEATH museum and a temple Wat Mongkon Thong. We got picked up at your GH and brought back again, dont really recall the price but it was more than reasonable (and I am a cheapskate).

BUT I would not ever go on a one day package tour in a regular bus with some 60 tourists aboard. That would totally destroy my day. We were like 6-7 (I was the only farang) in the minibus and got acquainted on the trip.

PS. Nakhon Phanom??? From Bkk in one day and back! Wow, it is like 1.500 kilometres. Come on P127, you are the residing Issarn expert. :: Guess you meant to write Nakhon Pathom? I have seen plenty of one day package tours leaving from bkk to Nakhon Pathom.Never tried that one out though.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Some of the tours can be very good value. I have done the Kan. Tour a few years ago.. also send my parents on the Rose garden tour.. Both worth it. I wish I went on the ancient city tour since you really need a car to get around the place. we walked it..

I would not go on the temple tours, but others would be good.

Nakhom??? is that a freudian??

to your original question; i have done a tour more than 10 years back on my first trip to Bangkok (just 3 days); it was a absolute disaster; i was picked up 1 hour late; the girl-guide could hardly any english (that would have been the smaller problem, but she also looked dead ugly); they drove me to 2 temple and then to jewelry shops and massage parlours, where i always politely declined any offer.

have done everything since then myself and guided many friends; have been to Grand Palace over 30 times and many other places more than a dozen time

Archived