Loi Krathong

Could anyone advise me of when this festival will take place this year. I know it takes place around November time however, if anyone has the exact date, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

OffQuay. crazy.gif" border="0

Hi

I have seen on tat.or.th Tourism Authoority

of Thailand and some other websites Chiangmai sitesand the say Loy Khratong are on the 31/10-1/11

Check it out to be sure

Robson

Thanks guys, I'll check it out however if anyone knows the date for sure (I think it's November 15 too) please let me know. It's one of the best times to be in BKK.

regards,

OffQuay.

your guys must be kidding how come is 31/10 because Loy Kratong must be only in november on the full moon which we call "wan kein 15(sip ha)kum" and I AM THAI

According to my astronomical calendar, this year November has 2 full moons, 1/11 and 30/11 (the so-called blue moon), so Loy Krathong being celebrated on 31/10-1/11 makes sense to me. I would tend to believe the TAT web-site has it right, too.

Yes, this year the main day is in October, not November.

By definition, Loi Kratong is on the full moon night of the 12 month in the Lunar calendar, which is usually November in our calendar, but not this year.

You want to be in Thailand on October 30 at the latest. October 31 will be the main day, with still some people floating their kratongs on November 1.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Checked a Thai calendar and, yes, Loy Krathong is on 31st Oct. Yet according to a few websites, in Sukhothai it will be celebrated Nov. 20th - 22nd (maybe just for tourists?). shocked.gif" border="0

Archived