"Its Up To You"

Torneyboy

When was the first time you came accross these words.

Many of you guys have mentioned the phrase.

I am reading a book given to me by a Monk from our local Temple.

the title is Living Dhamma

Venerable Ajahn Chah.

"Using your own natural wisdom you will come to that place of silence...

That place of oneness with Buddha...

From now on,

it's up to you".

This book first print as far as i can see was 1992.

The Abbot,Wat Pah Nanachat,

Bahn Bung Wai,

Warinchamrab,

Ubol Rajathani,

34310 Thailand.

When did you first hear...Its up to you?? :dunno:

And or where did it start or come from?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be correct, you can leave the "Its" part off. "Bar-girl speak" puts the phrase as only "up to you!". Probably came out the Viet Nam era, with bargirls wanting to please, coupled with their very limited English (read: "whatever you want").

HT

Says HIGH THAIED:

To be correct, you can leave the "Its" part off. "Bar-girl speak" puts the phrase as only "up to you!". Probably came out the Viet Nam era, with bargirls wanting to please, coupled with their very limited English (read: "whatever you want").

HT

So are we saying 1970s?

For this phrase to emerge ?

I thought..and have no reasons but for the fact it is mentioned here so often it would have beena long time ago. ::

I heard it's a rough translation from a common Thai phrase which means "Follow your heart" or "Do what your heart tells you" ... something like that. Don't know the phrase in Thai though. Don't know where I heard it either, this was some time ago. ???

Says Redbaron:

I heard it's a rough translation from a common Thai phrase which means "Follow your heart" or "Do what your heart tells you" ... something like that. Don't know the phrase in Thai though. Don't know where I heard it either, this was some time ago. ???

Thanks a lot Red..not! ::

trying to get a handle on a time when this phrase was first used ..thanks for your input BTw :up:

Archived