"Get Out of Jail Card"

Straycat

The guy knows I would talk to my boss who would talk to his boss and the issue would have been forgotten about so no sence in trying to get money out of the foreigner, because he knows I would win and he would most definately lose!!!
You really have no idea what goes on in this country if you really believe that :cover:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1st time in Thailand, I spent 1 month with a friend, a 45 yo woman who is a respected professor at Chiang Mai University, consultant for the Chinese government, saw a photo of her getting an award from the queen. Her ID card was taken with her in some military looking type uniform. We drove all over Northern Thailand for several weeks, getting stopped at countless roadblocks (searching for illegals from Lao/Burma?). She would just hold her card against the window and we were always waved through.

I carry two laminated business cards given to me by the deputy director and assistant deputy director of the Labor Department after a day spent with them in America 2 years ago. I have no idea if they have any value at all. In the back of my mind, my plan would be to hand over a packet of stuff to any cop for a "TRAFFIC INFRACTION" (oops, caps lock), including US license, international license, passport US University ID card and the 2 business cards. One of the Thai officials invited me to his house for dinner, but I doubt he's remeber me now.

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

[ </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

It is reusable I have had to play this card , plus a very special get out of jail free card a number of times (10+) and always get the treatment that I deserve.

I think a lot of farangs revel in being " well connected " I find it laughable and tedious . Most of the farangs / losers I have met who have bored me with this have been old bores propping up the bar in Chequers and Jules... Does anyone agree with me?

STH

STH

i am agree. i think money will help only!we still have to pay more than the most Thais so in the end we loose.

>>>Like the cop you drink with that assasinates drug dealers?<<<

nah, that was just a normal lower to middle ranked cop from one of the special units - such a guy has no power to get you out of jail.

>>>Jokes aside at the end of the day if someone genuinely influential wanted to harm someone no card will prevent that.<<<

yeps.

anybody remember the wolfang ullrich saga? ;)

I have a brilliant and devious plan. I plan to manufacture a range of conterfeit "Get Out Of Jail Free Cards" crafted by the finest of KSRs Conterfeit merchants.

These cards will go on sale ranging in price dependant on the level of importance of the "man on the card". This will include a limited edition GOLD card from MR.T himself.

Phone numbers will in fact be those of my call centre staffed by Thais who will answer with the appropriate name.

Archived