Vietnamese returning to Cambodia

I just returned from Phnom Penh. Sharkeys was packed and a lot of the Vietnamese girls have returned to work. Martinis was not very busy but there several Vietnamese girls had returned in the last several days. K11 still closed I am told, although I didn't check for myself. Every trip it seems like they have painted even more of the city. New roads everywhere and new stoplights that display digital counters until the next light change. I kind of miss the seedy Phnom Penh.

I returned today too (may be, we were on the same flight?). The "heart of darkness" had a very good selection of girls too. You are right about the seedy days though. May be, they will come back shortly after the election and the tanks will roll again? The hotel advised not to stay outside or bring guests during the election period.

Hi TC,

Did the place seem any 'safer' for the changes ? I admit that my impressions of the personal safety issue in Cambodia is formed by what I've read and seen on TV, but it does seem to be a potentially dangerous place, particularly 'seedy Pnomh Penh'. I'm off to Jakarta at Xmas, a move the Aust government would probably advise against, but I dont view the potential dangers to life and limb as being anything like those faced in Cambodia. Am I being overly alarmist ?

Archived