Room Promotions At The HRH

JaiGuruDev

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was trying to get 2 rooms there around Christmas. No luck. No rooms of any type listed for the entire month! Find that a little hard to believe. Maybe a problem with their reservation system.

I am going with GF and family so we need room for 3 adults and 2 kids. Looks like Royal Cliff Beach Resort 2 room suite for about 210 USD. Still researching tho. I know GF will want some place nice for kids at day and not too far for us to party at night. But man oh man is she gonna freak out if she sees the bill! :cover:

Read the fine print. It says you have to be in the travel industry. It seems that all the hotel specials have some kind of catch to keep out those who can afford to pay full price. Most common seems to be that you must be a resident of Thailand.

[color:"#666666"]"""No rooms of any type listed for the entire month! Find that a little hard to believe. Maybe a problem with their reservation system.""" [/color]

I book in advance and have never had much luck with the on-line booking thingie. The November/December rates may not be posted yet, so they're not taking reservations on-line.

Give them a call. That's what I do.

I did a little more poking around on their site and found the rate of $255USD for a Family Suite; however, if you click on the Internet Rate link you will find Family Suites going for $175USD (1 Nov 03 to 24 Dec 03).

If you're going with kids, the HRH is great! They have babysitting and activities by the pool. And that pool!

JGD,

Thanks for that info. I find their web site a mess.

The only problem is that it is a one room suite. That will not work. Their little minds would be scarred for life!

A problem with the pool also. I would need to change the side of the GF I sit by so one side of my face doesn't get flatter than the other from getting slapped. Must sit on her right side 68% of the time as her left hook is not nearly as strong as her right cross.

Maybe 2 rooms for 90 each, except for Christmas day when it goe up to $120. I don't think the $40 surcharge per room from Dec25-31st applies (mentioned on other pages) but not sure.

Probably some mandatory gala event we need to pay for also, but that is true just about everywhere. I have paid that many, many times, but have yet to attend a single one!

You're right about that! There can be some attractive talent around the HRH pool at times.

I was at the HRH last Thanksgiving. There wasn't a surcharge for the room, but the hotel did offer a special Thanksgiving buffet with some of the best damn food I ever had.

It looks like I may be in Cambodia this Thanksgiving. But if not, I'll be at the HRH for sure!

Says JaiGuruDev:

I was at the HRH last Thanksgiving. There wasn't a surcharge for the room, but the hotel did offer a special Thanksgiving buffet with some of the best damn food I ever had.

I was staying there last year for Thanksgiving week as well. Stayed for 8 days,. GF could not make that trip. Didn't eat there on the big day. Ate at whatever the name of the New Orleans restaurant is. After that I went to Cambodia. PP and then SR. Great trip.

Archived