Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

Originally posted by Scum_Baggio: "... Makes you realise how vulnerable you are in a foreign (and very corrupt) country."

... I agree. Long time residents or frequent visitors are easily lolled into a false sense of security by incorrectly assuming that only naive tourists are vulnerable. I've heard too many horror stories from friends who have lived in Thailand a long time. Interestingly the worst breakup stories involve Thai women from good backgrounds, not ex-bar girls.

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Nomad ]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RR

I was most sorry to hear of your dreadful experience at G-Spot.

The place was never a particular favourite of mine but it is most certainly now on my 'off-limits' list.

Scant consolation, I know, but it does serve as a timely reminder to even the most seasoned expats here to be very much on their toes at all times. It also reinforces my own personal rule never to use my own apartment for sanuking. I've always been aware of the possibility of something like this happening and the last thing I want, should it ever happen to me, are ongoing repercussions because the girl and her thug cohorts have my address.

Get well soon.

Arai wa

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Arai wa ]

Roger Rabbit, is there a reason that you didn't go immediately to the police box on the corner of Soi 4 and Sukhumvit, while you were still in the bloody shirt and with the bump on your head and a couple of witnesses? Seems to me that that would have been the thing to do. You were assalted by an employee (maybe?) of a local business, not to mention the attempted robbery and being scammed by the waitress in the first place. For sure the girl would have still been there even if the tough guy was able to disappear by the time the cops arrived. I find it hard to believe that no one on the board has suggested a police report as a response to this assault.

It would have been best to report this immediately after it happened but it is still not to late to file a police report and ask for some kind of investigation, if only to prevent this type of behavior befalling some unlucky bastard in the future.

I would take it a step further than the Soi 4 police box at this point, since it is the day after, but I would go there and ask to be taken to the local police precinct station to file an assault report and really try to make some trouble for those involved in the attack on you.

The Crown Group may well not know of what is going on in their club, but, guess what -- they should, and they should also be held responsible for what happened to you.

Don't be a passive victim, take action. File a report and go back there tonight with the police.

Anyway, that's my advice and what I would do. BTW, it wouldn't hurt to take a well spoken Thai person with you to act as your representative/translator. Good luck, Guido.

PS. I was there last night as well (not my idea), the staff is rude and the place just had an aire of being customer unfriendly.

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

Hi!

I find this thread rather interesting as I went to G-Spot a couple of weeks ago. Nothing bad happened to me but I did sense a change in the girls' attitude. I thougth it might be me not remembering how they were as I haven't been ther for a year. Previous posts suggest that it has changed.

Perhaps it is easier for a infrequent visitor to notice a change than for an exapat that goes there more often.

regards

ALHOLK

Don't they (Crown groups bars) have any email address? Les inondate them with our opinion. They will think twice.

I used to work in Atlanta and there was this bar in the Lenox shopping mall were many of us had a drink after work. We had severall experiences of waitresses being rude. We complained at no avail and boycotted the place. We were the only big company around the mall at that time and they had to close down. Revenge tastes sweet.

Ok, we can not do this to the Crown goup, but boycot can hurt them, they need to know.

quote:

Originally posted by CondomKing:

Roger Rabbit, is there a reason that you didn't go immediately to the police box on the corner of Soi 4 and Sukhumvit, while you were still in the bloody shirt and with the bump on your head and a couple of witnesses? Seems to me that that would have been the thing to do. You were assalted by an employee (maybe?) of a local business, not to mention the attempted robbery and being scammed by the waitress in the first place. For sure the girl would have still been there even if the tough guy was able to disappear by the time the cops arrived. I find it hard to believe that no one on the board has suggested a police report as a response to this assault.

The Crown Group may well not know of what is going on in their club, but, guess what -- they should, and they should also be held responsible for what happened to you.

PS. I was there last night as well (not my idea), the staff is rude and the place just had an aire of being customer unfriendly.

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: CondomKing ]

Thanks for the comments. My first reaction was "flight or fight." I chose flight and did not even consider going to the police. Instinctively, I just don't look to the Thai police for help. (Nor do most Thais.) On reflection, I am glad I did not go to the police box for two reasons.

First, I do not trust the Thai police, and I have no confidence in their ability to sort things out. Maybe the guy would still be there; maybe not. As to the girl, she probably did try to scam me, but the police wouldn't care about that.

Second, if the police took a report, they will presumably want to know where I live and work. I work here, and I would not want this to escalate to the point that the people at my work knew where I was. I would not want the people in my office to know what happend. There is a related, shall we say domestic reasons, why I would not want the police calling my home to ask about the incident. I am already thinking about how I going to explain the bump on my head: "Uh, I tripped and fell...you know how clumsy I can be."

In this sense, a tourist may be in a better position. They have to less to lose if they take it to the police.

Letting the Crown Group know what happened is a good idea. It is not good for their business, and based on other reports about G-Spot, there does some to be a problem there.

Why are you talking about boycotting G-Spot.

Boycott the entire Crown Group. They don't care if you boycott one bar, you'll spend money in the others.

BOYCOTT the entire Crown Group.

And which bars exactly belong to the Crown Group.

Don't know that, because i never had any interest towards who owns what and why as long as i had fun it was OK for me. But now this has changed. I want to join the boycot of the whole damn Crown Group.

Furthermore, if a police "officer" tries to fine you for nothing don't pay the bribe and let him make a full "report" or official ticket and say that you go to court. 9 outta 10 times he will say that you only have an official warning. Works fine for me, always has.

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: bangcock ]

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: bangcock ]

Ground Floor

ALL Bar beers

Lollipop/Mermadium next to the stairs on the left side as you enter

Obsession Khatoey bar at the far end

Voodoo far left corner

First Floor

G-Spot Far right corner

Fantasia on the right hand side around the corner from the escalator.

Top Floor

Carnival

Archived