Head Slammed in G-Spot - Bloody

I read the 34 posts preceding mine.

I have never been to G-Spot. I have always heard good things about it, and it was on my list to visit. I'm just not that big on go-go bars.

But I've recently been chatting up a girl who works evenings at Big Dogs bar at the entrance to NEP. She's an older girl (34), has a great face, very nice personality, and a little bit chubby body, but always wears a very attractive, fashion-coordinated outfit. It turns out that she used to be a dancer at G-Spot, then had a serious motorbike accident that broke one of her ankles. Laid her up a long time. She can no longer dance, and gained the weight.

I barfined her the other day just for some food and pool - we ended up at Woodstock. But what caught my attention was when I suggested we make a brief stop into G-Spot, so she could point things out to me. She darkened for a second, then mumbled something about not wanting to go near the place - "bad people". She has no such feelings about the place she worked for several years before G-Spot - that being the 99 Check Inn between Sois 5 and 7.

I wondered, but figured it was a personal clash. Now I really wonder.

CHANGE OF TOPIC ***********

I read many posts about a boycott. I suggest a really visible alternative - at least to kick off the boycott.

NO VIOLENCE - OK? But - if we could muster even half the attendance head count at a recent Nanapong Dance Contest, we could absolutely fill the G-Spot for several hours on a Friday night - maybe we muster everyone somewhere else, then sent waves of five punters at a time, filtering into G-spot. Everyone sits and orders just a coke. Once about 25 teams of five have filled every seat in the place, we bring in our head-smack victim, along with a couple of guys carrying a couple of cases of coke. We then offer to refund all the cokes everyone's drinking, but no one is going to pay. And no one is going to move either - for about 90 minutes (on a Friday night - say 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm). Oh, and we also think it would be nice if the psycho virgin and her thug boyfriend come and make an apology to our friend, before they resign from G-Spot and disappear forever.

If we have trouble raising the headcount, we can bring along some ladies to make up the quorum. But we also have to watch the "grape vine" effect. I want to see this thing come as a shock for G-Spot.

It would be interesting to muster our forces for a "noble" cause for a change. No violence, nothing illegal, just send a very strong message that this thing can cut both ways, and us farangs also have a support network.

If we decide to do this, it should be pretty quick (sort of like paddling a puppy who just messed on the rug - you keep the punishment related in time to the transgression). I'm not exactly best buds with any Thai policemen, but I am pretty sure I could get a couple (including one Lumpini sergeant) to come along in plainclothes, to vouch for our side (but man, I do mean our side will have to be absolutely pristine in conduct - I won't want to put "our" police in a bad situation with their counterparts who "run the game" at NEP).

It would be neat to see an "unholy alliance" between the Nanaplaza guys, the Nanapong guys (which I am), the TAG2 gentlemen - but to a good end. I don't know if we could ever get Trink to write it up later, but it would (I presume) be a first-ever event like this, and I'd like to see the possibility of such a "civil disobedience" exercise reach a wider audience, and penetrate the tiny brains of those Thais who orchestrate such rip-offs.

This approach worked for Ghandi, and also for Martin Luther King.

Anyone want to be a part of Bangkok history / lore? Thoughts?

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: peesooahbkk ]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rog, go IMMEDIATELY to the Tourist Police and file a complaint. Probably too late to do much about it, but kick up a stink with the TPs anyway. The effing Crown Group needs to be cut down a notch. Try to bring some heat on them.

p.s. You can alwys contact Paweena Hongsakul, a Member of Parliament and former Minister. She's down on the sex trade anyway and has established a foundation to aid women and children. Paweena is also number two in the Chart Pattana Party. She is the one the guy went to a year or more go after he was jumped in Pretty Lady or wherever. Bring in the big guns. Her phone number is 972-5768 and 972-5489-90. Tell her you were jumped without warning because you refused to shag a virgin possibly forced into the bar business, though the girl wanted money anyway to keep her cruel boss happy. Give 'em hell!

Roger that is horible sick thing you experienced at the Gspot!! I'm Never gona know that bar !!

I've read through this thread and I agree with what

other's have siad, the Yabba must be messing these girls up and we really really need to make some noise over this issue!

I mean if this is going to happen to expats who already to know their way around the ins and out

of proper conductance in LOS what about for all the new guy's and first timer's ?

Furthermore, we can talk of other's not making a

stand if one of our own reports this type of an assault and we do nothing about it.

I've heard Khun Sanuk mention being preasured by

Thai authorities about the content fo our newsgroup,

I don't want to cause problems for this board or for

Khun Sanuk But barring those extremes, this board

has 1294 member's. that could be a huge amount of

potential letter's , email or what ? Not only that but

Nanapong might have a few member's who would find this allarming as well as SCT. And what about cross posting this to some of the other groups like the Japanese groups, so long as they werre made to realize that the assaulted had acted honorably they might be a little shocked as well.

This whole thing really really get's my dander up

If an Expat can not be save what about all those first time visitor's out there?

What really anoyed me on my last vacation in LOS

I had brought my seasoned travel partner with me for his first time to LOS. On only our second night

in BKK we ended up in an upstairs club in PatPong.

Yes I know all the jargen and in fact have been leaned on by tough's to pay extra's twice before and on one ocasion ended up giving the thug B200

and nothing on the other ocasion but just waited him out. But in this instance the twor of us together having our first night out in BKK and feeling quite frivelous with our money rang up a hefty tab include copius amounts of lady drinks.

I finished off that tab with a horificly large gratuity by anyones measure. But when we got up to leave

they re presented us with the same bill a second time. I explained the error to them but ended up argu9ing with the moma san. Well I knew this was bullshit and I was not going to be duped so easily.

At this point my friend seemed to rapidly decline in his composure, he began insisting that we just pay because he was complaining of being exceedingly tired. I siad we were leaving. We got half way down the stairs when we were obstructed by several vicious looking bar girls. who held us there untill the thugs showed up. At this point momasan show's up and asks why we are trying to escape without paying our bills. Eventually she

threatens to get the police and my friend is insisting that he will personally pay the bill if we can just go home. I refuse to allow him and told the mamasan to get the police, in fact I insisted that she do so. We ended up sitting on the stairs for

about half an hour waiting for police to show up, my friend kept falling asleep against the wall of the stairs. When the police arived I politely let the girls have their say first, Then when the police asked why I was being such a loser I explained to him that I had already payed I pulled out my sizeable wad of cash and told him that If he wished I would be happy to pay again right now, but if I did that we would be continuing this conversation downtown tomorow and sudenly I had won favor.

I am quite certain and so is my friend that he had

been druged, I've never siad this before because I

never really liked the idea of promoting the idea that this could happen because along with it you will get so many claims of having been druged when in fact you were jus yai mow or tired and exhausted from the heat. Not long after we got in the taxi my friend regained his composure and was feeling very confused as to why he had felt so sudenly tired.

If we do not give resistance when these shity things happen to us we are only paving a faster path for the decay of our favorite neighborhood.

RogerRabbit,

Sad what happened to you there... unfortunatelly this could happen everywhere.

Anyhow here what happened to me at the same bar one year ago. When paying the bill taking money out of my wallet one of my credit cards went to the floor... and I didn't notice... Next day on waitress came to me when I went into the bar and gave me back the credit card. smile.gif" border="0

Mr. Rabbit, this whole incident sickens me. Yes, we do become jaded in our views of the nightlife scene here in the LOS.

I like some of the organized ideas being discussed here re the Crown Group. I will follow them closely and support the consensus.

Personally, I will never set foot in a Crown Group bar again, nor will I take any of the many visitors (asfo and otherwise) who come to see me here. There are too many options available. And, this hurts a bit as Fantasia is my favorite gogo bar.

This personal boycott starts in about one hour when I meet 5 friends at Warbler's and then head over to NEP

Goodbye G-Spot, Carnival, Voodoo and hello Titty Twister, Angelwitch, and Rainbow.

Roger...

Very sorry to hear what happened to you. Now that you've recovered, I guess the experience moves into the "cheap lesson" category. I hate that you were intimidated and jacked up for your money. Since we hear about this happening there more than once, would not a visit to the tourist police be in order?

Last year I was roped into one of the upstairs bars in Pat Pong by a tout. I sat down to a really dark, lousy dance show, ordered one drink and asked for my bill so I could move on. Then I got the old 800 baht bill routine backed up by a bunch of big, ugly ladyboys. I was not familiar with it being just new to BKK. I was mad as hell, but I paid so as to avert a physical confrontation. I was really disgusted. I didn't know enough to refer to the tourist police, but for that smaller amount probably would not bother anyway.

Zane

I'm equally disgusted with this incident as is everybody else. I agree that action is the best solution but in the same sense understand RR's reluctancy to do so. What is the the answer? Boycott? Sure, that's a good start. In reality though, we are a minority when you look at figures from a business perspective. These places survive on tourism. I would suggest that 90% of the patronage are tourists and not part of the 'ex-pat community'. So, yes, out of principle boycott by all means but it's not going to have a noticeable effect on their cash-register let alone their conscience. They will happily sell on and get their 110 baht plus tips for every beer a tourist buys and perhaps happily 'allow' incidents like this to repeat themselves.

Though, on paper things may look different. A single letter of complaint with perhaps 200 names of resident patrons may have the desired effect. Just let it be known that there is an apology due (by the establishment - I don't think one from the girl could be expected or wanted for that matter..forget about her. She is dirt and she and the establisment and her collegues will recognize this). The satisfaction here would be in the form of them admitting to a problem within their business and perhaps a slight 'loss of face'. I may suggest that this incidence is probably unknown to G-spot management. It is thuggery, carried out by thugs, and probably goes no higher than that. The G-Spot should be aware that these things are happening on their premises and that there is solid disapproval of it (even if they are in on/aware of it). Their reputation is tainted in our eyes but we shoud let them know it. We are not exactly fish out of water here as is generally believed. There is a community that is willing to support as has been shown. The Thais involved don't know this. The little wench in question would surely lose her job (not that she wouldn't find similar work elsewhere with any difficulty) but it might mean something in her little mind as far as 'losing face' is concerned I'm sure. No one likes to be told they are wrong even when they know it themselves.. This certainly would apply to the bar too. Power in numbers. The other problem then would be in organising our support to take action to this end.

The result of such a letter may be minimal but satisfactory all the same, better than no recourse whatsoever in my mind. All this said, and in full respect of RogerRabbit (feel really stupid using this ID in such a context!) I feel that it's entirely and solely up to him to decide if anything, even if nothing, is to be done or said.

Just my say,

cheers,

Dan

=====================================

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Dan ]

Hi Roger,

I've read this thread with great interest, waiting for the moment to jump in with my size nine boots. I'm going to be very controversial here (well, there's a fuckin surprise) and although I don't know you and I'm sure you're a great bloke and all that, is there some detail you've missed out?

I just can't believe that a Thai guy would try it on with you in the washroom knowing that you've got some 'heavy-looking' mates with you.

In the years I've lived here I've only heard of this kind of incident twice, and on both occassions the farang deserved it. Although I don't do the bars very often nowadays, I can't believe things have changed that much.

That said, I've always believed that Nana attracts the roughest elements taking into consideration all the Bangkok nightlife areas, and If it's going to happen - Nana would be the red hot favorite.

I'm not saying that you were looking for trouble, but we've all said things we've regretted. During the remote control incident back in your room, did you call this girl something you shouldn't have? Or did something else happen? This girl was possibly hurt enough to send a hit-man after you into the toilets knowing what the consequences might be if you decided to cause a stink with the management.

In your position, I certainly would have avoided that bar for a month or two.

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Bangkok Phil ]

Archived