The Definative Crackdown Thread

Hi fellow posters,

We've had a couple of threads started, concerning the recent crackdown on entertainment venues. They are both closed, so we will try again.

Here's the deal....Political discussions are not what this board is about, and are thus banned. The effects of such a crackdown, as applicable to the nightlife scene, are welcome here. The particulars relating as to 'why' they are occurring, as related to political motives, are not. There are other boards better suited for this. So....let's keep discussions directional towards the effects of crackdown, rather than the cause. OK?....Thanks all....and much appriciated.

Discuss.......... ::

P.S. - and please keep all references contained to this thread. All other references in other forums, will be deleted.

HT

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry HT, as you see I've changed the spelling in the header to the correct version.

As to the effects - was out in Pattaya last night, virtually all girls covered up and no shows to be seen. Even Super Baby was covered, and it is supposedly owned by a Thai with a lot of influence. I understand the police went round every bar, and told 'em NO SHOWING! Police have gotta be getting pissed off with this.

However there were one or two bars which were defying the order - won't name them as we don't know who is listening - and they were definitely more fun.

I reckon that each bar will need to search all customers, and confiscate phone cameras etc., now it seems that farangs will be helping the police out. Who are these farangs I want to know - TRAITORS!!

Will be out again tonight and give further updates on the scene in Pattaya.

Hi eyebee,

>>>Will be out again tonight and give further updates on the scene in Pattaya<<<<

Good work :applause: .......inquiring minds want to know.........

HT

Yeah, I was wondering about who these helpful farangs were, too. I can just imagine some tourist running all panicky into the Tourist Police booth, gasping about nudity occurring in the bar he just wandered into.

I don't THINK this is a political question, but if you deem it to be, please edit it out, but I really am wondering do the bribes go down when the bar owners are forced to comply with these things? Drink prices were always raised with the shows being used as an excuse, but when the shows were forced to stop, the owners certainly never lowered the prices. Is it the same with bribes? Do the bribes stay up, even though what the bribes were paid for has been halted? Seriously, if that is too political, strike it off from here.

Says eyebee:

Sorry HT, as you see I've changed the spelling in the header to the correct version.

As to the effects - was out in Pattaya last night, virtually all girls covered up and no shows to be seen. Even Super Baby was covered, and it is supposedly owned by a Thai with a lot of influence. I understand the police went round every bar, and told 'em NO SHOWING! Police have gotta be getting pissed off with this.

However there were one or two bars which were defying the order - won't name them as we don't know who is listening - and they were definitely more fun.

I reckon that each bar will need to search all customers, and confiscate phone cameras etc., now it seems that farangs will be helping the police out. Who are these farangs I want to know - TRAITORS!!

Will be out again tonight and give further updates on the scene in Pattaya.

eyebee,

""confiscate phone camers"" :angel:

Was it Dodge City or Tombestone..they had to check the guns before entering town ??

Good idea ..you availabel to check all the handbags for us to keep the city safe for us all ::

I'm always up for discussing cracks, axe wounds, fannys, what have you.

So where have you seen the best one recently? :drunk:

(on a serious note. Bloody stupid idea. Latest news should always be in a NEW thread, otherwise it is missed by people who have no inclination (sp?) to read through a considerable number (several hundred in some cases) messages before they get to recent news)

I agree discuss............ but lets keep important developments in new threads to indicate their currency/relevance. (By all means close those threads after a few comments, redirecting people here though)

Meanwhile, back to the chang.... :drunk: :drunk:

Crackdown,shmackdown. We had a crackdown two years ago where the girls were dancing in jeans at the Go-Go's.

There is going to be a huge media focus on BKK for the APEC Summit. There will be news agencies from nearly every corner of the globe . What did you expect?

LL

Hi,

"Bloody stupid idea. Latest news should always be in a NEW thread"

Yes, and before you know it there are 7 threads all discussing the same stuff.

As mentioned, duplicate threads will be deleted. It's not like this is major news anyway, just another crackdown.

Sanuk!

Archived