Aussies - Are you ashamed of QANTAS???

MooNoi

Wow, STH - you've gone down a dark path, particularly on such an 'openminded' board. I suspect that you may be looking for a response - a little baiting, perhaps ?

Personally, with the exception of a few 'undie' scenes (tedious, boys, tedious..), I thought the gay couple on The Block were as believable a 'longterm relationship' as any hetero couple I've ever met - they didnt feel the need to strut around in dayglo G-strings singing 'YMCA' :)

Yes, Mardi Gras is confronting, and I'd just as soon see a few *less* male buttocks and some sign of a razor on the lesbians legs (and in some cases, on their facial hair), but they arent putting the thing on for my benefit. After years of being harrassed, this is their turn to say 'In your face, straight society !'.

If you revisit some of the polls and some of the nightlife posts, it quickly becomes apparent that more than one or two board members have knowingly engaged the services of a ladyboy. Regardless of individual rationalisations, thats a homosexual act, by definition, and I refuse to vilify others for engaging in *mutually consenting* sexual activity with adults. By drawing that line in the sand, we risk joining the moral majority, many of whom would dearly love to see every member of this board burn in eternal flames. And we dont want THAT, do we ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What about a homosexual man who preys on 16 year old boys which they do"
You're not baiting just a little bit here are you?

What about them? Heterosexual men do the same, prey on (legally underage) 16 year old girls. This doesn't make them pedophiles. I was more interested in how you came to the conclusion that to a "a large segment of society, homosexuality is as wrong as paedophilia." It's hard to picture any group of people being as despicable as pedophiles.

STH,

I think the bible has a few things to say about fornication, adultery, prostitution, sodomy and a few other potential areas of interest to board members. Unless you've recently turned your life over to Christ and are prepared to live by that code, its a dangerous document to be quoting - he who liveth by the sword must be prepared to die by it. Personally, I'll stick to sins of the flesh until such time as the flesh is too weak to continue sinning : better to be openly disobedient than a hypocrite, IMO.

Archived