Aussies - Are you ashamed of QANTAS???

MooNoi

Says jacko:

[color:"red"] The merchant pays the 3% admin fee not you
[/color]

Rather naive to think that this cost doesn't get passed on, although the CC companies make it hard to avoid.

Off the thread topic but an interesting discussion, I have often saved money by asking for a discount not to use my Amex. And we all know the habit in Thailand of a surcharge for credit card use. My point - the free 'awards' may not quite be free.

It is very common for agents to ask way up front how you intend to pay..then we/they build the 1-3% into the costing.

If we know the wholesaler will""absorb""the cc fee we do not put it in however.

With airlines they will in most cases absorb .....some are surcharging a little for the cards.

The clients that use the cards to obtain points via merchants and then redeem for flights or accommodation are the winners in reward flights.

Re: passed on ..yes in the case of paying for a flight/package holiday..but in a retail store the customer is paying the marked recommended price..not over the price on the item.

The thinking is Amex customers spend more per purchase so the merchant picks up on volume and or higher sale from the CC customers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

I used to fly Quantas a lot, I found them good however 100% of their stewards are faggots. This I found odd until someone explained that 30% of ALL Australian males are homosexual... it made sense then.

I knew the industry attracted faggots but I was surprised at 100%

STH ::

I too have come across this, apparently it is due to the farmers in rural communities who have the choice of boys or sheep.

I think it is commendable they do not stoop to bestiality- but it is still a breach of God's law.

I used to fly Quantas a lot, I found them good however 100% of their stewards are faggots. This I found odd until someone explained that 30% of ALL Australian males are homosexual... it made sense then.

ROFLMAO

Sitting here pissed off being back in the UK, you just made my day. Thanks.

>however 100% of their stewards are faggots. This I found odd until someone explained that 30% of ALL Australian males are homosexual...

Although Sydney and most of Oz are very tolerable places for homosexuals, 30% of all males being homosexual must had been a joke.

The largest homosexual event, Mardi Gras, attracts 200-300K spectators, most of them being regular people, even with children, lined up along the street where the parade takes place.

I would think the number can hardly exceed 3%, including both male and female gay people.

In certain professions they tend to congregate so does their visibility that makes that wrong impression there are more of them than what really is.

Ha ha ....much less than 30%...a typo i would say.

::

someone explained that 30% of ALL Australian males are homosexual...
30% seems a bit high but I can believe that if preferring sex with lady boys qualifies one as homosexual. :)

>My friend I really think your handle suits you!

Ohh..again...but thanks, I know what you mean.

My handle is how my gf addresses me - a literal translation of "Kit Maak".

Means - being nervous, anxious.

The state of mind when Thais decide to get dead drunk.

And I will, on my way to Tokyo on Sunday night. Biz class, up in the bubble.

Just edited my post to add:

It will be a Qantas flight, to NRT, no competition, the sole provider on the route. Will see what they are like.

Recently, they introduced B747-400s on the route (after SARS slump made them to use 767s), probably the wrecks that had served QF1 (SYD-LHR) for 10 or more years.

Before there were 300s, one could not close the nose leg and flew like that to BRI, all the noise and vibrations, where all the passengers had to wait for a replacement aircraft (10 hours).

Archived