Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BaronTT

Firewall and Posting to Nanaplaza.com

I,m getting this at home also :: but it has only just started happening and I have,nt tampered with anything."Buddha not like methinks" :(

Hi Adik,

Just installed Zone alarm and had a problem, followed your leads and it runs like clockwork now.

Can it be tho that it runs a bit slower?

Thanks!! :applause::bow:

Hi limbo,

Slower? Could be, I have no idea, I'll take your word for it. My firewall is stand alone computer between me and the internet so Im clueless in the Windows variety.

If you're reading this, then I too am now able to post :bow: ... not only by getting rid of both firewalls (XP & Norton - "System Works - 2004"), but also deleting all of the Norton disc - 2004.

Now, when I tried to reinstall only the 'anti virus' component of the disc, it asks for the registrion numbers !!! ... either I lost them when I moved out of BKK just over a month ago, or, 'they' never came with the disc in the first place ... if I reinstall the whole disc, maybe it doesn't ask for the numbers (G did it before ... if you're tuned in & remember whether or not there were numbers, send me PM) ? :dunno:

... but, then I would not be able to post again ?? ... there's got to be a way around this thing ... yup, disc came from Panthip ... I think I paid 140 Bt or so.

BTW, thanks for all who helped in this post, and especially thanks to K.S. & Laohuli. :bow:

again Pete, unless you have some fascination with a bloated program, notorious for conflicts, just pass on Norton and download Avast ........ very easy setup, FREE and no hassles I have bumped into in 2 years.

www.avast.com