Firewall and Posting to Nanaplaza.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#11 SingaporeSteve

SingaporeSteve

enthusiast

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 20:43

And thanks from me too - exactly same problem for the last week or so  :)

Cheers

#12 BaronTT

BaronTT

enthusiast

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 14:15

This works too, and a better solution since it only applies to this site.

Thank you.

#13 Lusty

Lusty

Carpal \'Tunnel

• Members
  • 5530 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 16:04

I,m getting this at home also :: but it has only just started happening and I have,nt tampered with anything."Buddha not like methinks" :(  
Buy Blitish!

#14 limbo

limbo

Hey ho, let's go

• Board Sponsors
  • 11375 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 20:17

Hi Adik,

Just installed Zone alarm and had a problem, followed your leads and it runs like clockwork now.
Can it be tho that it runs a bit slower?

Thanks!! :applause: :bow:

Shake for me girl

I wannna be be your backdoor man

#15 adikgede

adikgede

addict

• Members
  • 1838 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:16

Hi limbo,

Slower? Could be, I have no idea, I'll take your word for it.  My firewall is stand alone computer between me and the internet so Im clueless in the Windows variety.

#16 limbo

limbo

Hey ho, let's go

• Board Sponsors
  • 11375 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:36

My first impression was that it was slower, but it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks again!

Shake for me girl

I wannna be be your backdoor man

#17 New Petchburi Pete

New Petchburi Pete

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 22:56

If you're reading this, then I too am now able to post  :bow:  ... not only by getting rid of both firewalls (XP & Norton - "System Works - 2004"), but also deleting all of the Norton disc - 2004.

Now, when I tried to reinstall only the 'anti virus' component of the disc, it asks for the registrion numbers !!! ... either I lost them when I moved out of BKK just over a month ago, or, 'they' never came with the disc in the first place ... if I reinstall the whole disc, maybe it doesn't ask for the numbers (G did it before ... if you're tuned in & remember whether or not there were numbers, send me PM) ?  :dunno:

... but, then I would not be able to post again ?? ... there's got to be a way around this thing ... yup, disc came from Panthip ... I think I paid 140 Bt or so.

BTW, thanks for all who helped in this post, and especially thanks to K.S. & Laohuli.    :bow:
Lowjit

#18 Khun_Kong

Khun_Kong

Pooh-Bah

• Board Sponsors
  • 3529 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 15:40

NPP- did you see the post above r.e. Norton 2003? Use the same procedure for 2004.
  *** Caveat emptor: Latin for "Welcome to Thailand" ***  

#19 New Petchburi Pete

New Petchburi Pete

Pooh-Bah

• Members
  • 2148 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 13:22

Well,
I attempted it; but the 2004 edition looked different, so I couldn't do it that way. Now, I cannot reinstall the disc because I don't have the numbers!  :banghead:
... next time in in Bangkok, I'll just get the 2004 AntiVirus disc.
Lowjit

#20 LaoHuLi

LaoHuLi

• Members
  • 6209 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 13:28

again Pete, unless you have some fascination with a bloated program, notorious for conflicts, just pass on Norton and download Avast ........ very easy setup, FREE and no hassles I have bumped into in 2 years.

www.avast.com
:censored: