Getting Breakfast cooked by Thai GF In Thailand ?

Torneyboy

Do you get breakfast cooked for you by your Thai GF?

And is something you can actually eat?

When i was up north with my ""ex"' MP GFs home getting anything in the morning (to eat) was very difficult.

I wake early in the mornings so i walked up to the ""stall"" and got a loaf of fresh bread...yeah..like at least 2 days old .

She said she would fix....came out not burnt but very close to it and hard as a rock.

back to the ""store"" buy 2 eggs in a plastic carry bag....i fix and boiled the water ect and i had them...next day she tried (full marks to her) but another disaster.

Was a coffee drinker then and another disaster..the coffee mate stuff they use and luke warm water...do not drink coffee anymore.

All other meals no problems ..just in the morning.

Married now and Thai wife cooks ..she has a cup of coffee and a peanut butter sandwich :doah:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi torneyboy,

My TGF cooked breakfast for me in the mornings why'll in village :)

She would cook rice, eggs, and ham, the eggs were very good little burnt :: now the ham slices were hard and dry as leather :cover:

Over all breakfast was very good I enjoyed them :neener:

I would get fruits, stir fry french fries for lunch ::

we don't drink coffee :neener: only water, juices :neener:

Her mom told her she needed to cook western style meals for me :neener:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

YEs, every morning.

Usually an egg with chicken fried rice (her version of the mother and child reunion) which is very tasty. Sometimes leftovers from night before. Yogurt is always available in the house with some nice juice and virtually undrinkable coffee. Next trip will introduce a coffee press and good coffee into the kitchen!

OOPS. Not by GF. Breakfast is made by #1 daughter.

Says paulc31:

Hi torneyboy,

My TGF cooked breakfast for me in the mornings why'll in village
:)

She would cook rice, eggs, and ham, the eggs were very good little burnt :: now the ham slices were hard and dry as leather
:cover:

Over all breakfast was very good I enjoyed them
:neener:

I would get fruits, stir fry french fries for lunch ::

we don't drink coffee
only water, juices

Her mom told her she needed to cook western style meals for me

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

Hi P31

Sounds like my EX showed her how to Umm Cook/burn breakfast ::

They dont seem to have any idea how to cook eggs/boiled/poached etc.

She often puts eggs in a pan and go have a shower..feed the damn fish...well suffice to say the eggs are only good for golf ::

Coffee...WTF do they do to it...no more..water or fruit now.

She tries to cook western foods..a little anyway..ok not as good as mine :angel:

Says rovineye:

YEs, every morning.

Usually an egg with chicken fried rice (her version of the mother and child reunion) which is very tasty. Sometimes leftovers from night before. Yogurt is always available in the house with some nice juice and virtually undrinkable coffee. Next trip will introduce a coffee press and good coffee into the kitchen!

OOPS. Not by GF. Breakfast is made by #1 daughter.

Ha Ha ...undrinkable coffee :: :doah:

I notice ... nothing burnt...you are being looked after very well :up:

Hi TB,

Nobody ever cooked breakfast for me. I sat down with the rest of my family and ate Sticky Rice, fermented fish the infamous Pla Rah and God knows what every morning for months on end.

Not that I liked it, but I could eat it. Hell, a few more years and I might even have begun to appreciate it. Thankfully it didnt come to that. ::

Mother-in-law made some homemade tea in the morning made from bark and stuff and that was actually quite good.

cheers

Hua nguu

Says Hua Nguu:

Hi TB,

Nobody ever cooked breakfast for me. I sat down with the rest of my family and ate Sticky Rice, fermented fish the infamous Pla Rah and God knows what every morning for months on end.

Not that I liked it, but I could eat it. Hell, a few more years and I might even have begun to appreciate it. Thankfully it didnt come to that. ::

Mother-in-law made some homemade tea in the morning made from bark and stuff and that was actually quite good.

cheers

Hua nguu

You are :bow:

I have to back away from many ""things"" put in front of me up north!! ::

I went to the markets many times with my ex and things floating in buckets and barels...well no way.

I used to have a supply of ""goodies"" in my luggage and eat later if food was not to my tummy ::

Watching her mom and friends chopping up moving objects for dinner is not good for me. :p

First thing I did was to teach my GF, now wife, to make good coffee. I have a stove top espresso maker. All she has to do is put in the water and coffee grounds and it's perfect. How do you screw that up?

Recently I taught my wife how to cook proper streaky bacon and she does it well. She still can't do eggs though.

It's just a matter of talent and proper education. If your GF doesn't have the former, forget the latter and eat out.

Archived