Armageddon?!

Steve

A giant asteroid heading for Earth could strike on March 21, 2014, U.S. astronomers warn. But the odds of a catastrophic collision are only 1 in 909,000.

I also heard that depending on the gravitational pull Jupiter has on it it can decrease or increase the chances. Lets play the 'what if' game and it was coming in 2014. What would you do? Spend the last few years in LOS? I would max out all my credit cards, take 2nd and 3rd mortgages and all the money I can get my hands on and party like is 1999...or 2014.

Don't piss me off close to the date though, I may go 'postal' and kill someone knowing a 'life sentence' is meaningless at that point.

If that would happen, I hope that the Red Sox and the Cubs would win a World Series (even if the league has to conspire to make it happen, probably the only way either would win it...haha...sorry FrogPatrol), that Arsenal get a champions league treble within that time so I can die a happy man (sorry Sayjann, Racha, LazyPhil) and that Sunderland get a EPL title (for Long Gun) and for Shawn Thomas to eat her words when in the 10th grade she told me she wouldn't go out with me if I were the last man on earth....baby, in 2014 I just may be!!

first things first sitting here at home watching 'the full monty'(Brits will know what i mean) and a lovely moment came up.

for you foreigners who do not know the plot of the film,it is about unemployed men trying to produce an act to rival the Chippendales.

as they are learning to dance and hone their act,the 'offside trap' becomes part of the act.

this is where they all put their hands up at the same time.

it was described as 'if anyone looked like scoring,just act like Tony Adams and put your hand up and look like a fairy'.....classic.

no need to apologise to me CS.

we both know the Arse will never win a CL treble in our lifetimes.

will they ever reach 3 semi's in the timeframe?,will they even win 3 PL titles in that time?.

there is one record that no-one can ever beat Utd,and it is a proud one.

good luck with your friend Shawn,i hope you have time to write a FR....... :p

Just to throw some gasoline on the fire, That is also the date of the end of the Aztec calendar...one sophisticated enough to have 7 planets, but inacurate enough to only have 300 days.

Now chew on that bit.

No doubt I will be in LOS for the "final curtain". :grinyes:

I would max out all my credit cards, take 2nd and 3rd mortgages and all the money I can get my hands on

-----------------------

I will help you max these credit cards, and watch your face when you find out the asteroid, or as LHL puts it, the aztecroid missed earth by 50 000kms, thanks to gravitational bump from the moon, our loyal sataylite.

Archived