20,000 bht Buriram

My friend has met a bargirl who comes from Buriram,she says she can farm rice and cut cane for 100 bht a day,but on top of this she needs him to pay her 20,000 bht a month to live on.

She lives with her 65year old mother and two children aged 2 and 6.

As a regular visitor to Thailand,i have my opinions on this,but i would like to show him other neutral opinions on it,all would be much appreciated

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5000bt is good but I would up it to 8k so that they can have a little more comfort. Also depends alot on if she is attempting to make improvements on the house and any land owned, back debt etc. You also have two growing kids and whatever needs she feels that they have.

Don't forget about the old mother she may have health issues which may require her to go to a BKK hospital and not a local one.

20k a month consistent cashflow makes them wealthy according to upcountry standards

Says gunneruk:

My friend has met a bargirl who comes from Buriram,she says she can farm rice and cut cane for 100 bht a day,but on top of this she needs him to pay her 20,000 bht a month to live on.

She lives with her 65year old mother and two children aged 2 and 6.

As a regular visitor to Thailand,i have my opinions on this,but i would like to show him other neutral opinions on it,all would be much appreciated

A lot!

Maybe she has expensive tastes in her lifestyle?

Or the Thai BF does

>>>she says she can farm rice and cut cane for 100 bht a day,but on top of this she needs him to pay her 20,000 bht a month to live on.<<<

only one thing i don't understand - why would she still need to go in the fields with that sort of monthly income? well, actually, the whole family won't need to go into the fields anymore. :p

Let's see............can you spell RED FLAG!!!! How about a BIG red flag! I agree with KS, that's bullshit. Hell, you could support a whole family plus her husband/BF on that kind of money. Her hubby could gamble/drink the day away with that amount of cash.

Tell your friend to forget this nonsense , drop this girl like a hot potato....

Archived